New Labour Leadership

There are still plenty of useful idiots who vote them though
Talking of which I might post this on the BBC political bias thread:

The BBC should be ashamed of its whimsical portrayal of British communism​

By Oliver Kamm
  • Why do intelligent people fall prey to the idea that communism was a doctrine of progress?
  • The Communist Party of Great Britain didn't just support the USSR, they took their orders from Moscow
  • Organised communism in Britain wasn't just a fifth column, but it was deeply involved in espionage
The BBC should be ashamed of its whimsical portrayal of British communism - CapX

As soon as I didn't sign up to renew my Party membership (guffaw) I've received a stream of generic reminders, but today I received a personal email from their 'prospective candidate' (I'm not quite sure what she thinks she's the candidate for, as she failed to gain the seat in that latest election) asking me to reconsider rejoining as the 'local Party is really strong' (it bombed) and works hard to 'represent local people' (I'm not quite sure how, as they don't have a representative in Westminster or Cardiff).

Whilst I have a number of points I could present in reply, I was wondering if anybody could add to my list. So far I have:

1. Identity politics
2. Minority politics.
3. Support for Palestine/Hamas/Hezbollah.
4. XLW in the form of Momentum, McDonnell, Corbyn, Abbott, etc.
5. The EU.
6. The lack of talent.
7. Enforced shortlists.

Anti-British.
Ignoring the needs of the average man/woman in the street whilst favouring illegal immigrants and the workshy.
Only interested in the Islington elite and ignoring the rest of the country.
Opposing for opposition's sake.
Ignoring the wishes of the majority and attempting to overturn a democratically held referendum by every means possible.

offog

LE

By Oliver Kamm
  • Why do intelligent people fall prey to the idea that communism was a doctrine of progress?
  • The Communist Party of Great Britain didn't just support the USSR, they took their orders from Moscow
  • Organised communism in Britain wasn't just a fifth column, but it was deeply involved in espionage
The BBC should be ashamed of its whimsical portrayal of British communism - CapX
And sabotage till Russia needed our tanks and equipment.

philc

LE

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
She has been taken to task over this, even meeting a Jewish lecturer on the Holocaust and Antisemitism. In his words she made the right sounds, cried a bit but he could see his explanation was not registering, she is either indifferent or thick.
Possibly both, given Labour's usual collection of dross parading as M.P.s

As soon as I didn't sign up to renew my Party membership (guffaw) I've received a stream of generic reminders, but today I received a personal email from their 'prospective candidate' (I'm not quite sure what she thinks she's the candidate for, as she failed to gain the seat in that latest election) asking me to reconsider rejoining as the 'local Party is really strong' (it bombed) and works hard to 'represent local people' (I'm not quite sure how, as they don't have a representative in Westminster or Cardiff).

Whilst I have a number of points I could present in reply, I was wondering if anybody could add to my list. So far I have:

1. Identity politics
2. Minority politics.
3. Support for Palestine/Hamas/Hezbollah.
4. XLW in the form of Momentum, McDonnell, Corbyn, Abbott, etc.
5. The EU.
6. The lack of talent.
7. Enforced shortlists.
May I add:

- Having the most muddled, 'on the bus off the bus' BREXIT/NO BREXIT 'strategy that even during MSM interviews at the time they were unable to articulate which effing way they wanted to go while desperately wanting to go their own way yet somehow trying (and failing) to retain the 'working mans' vote (and breathe).

- Luther Rahman

- The wearing of Donkey Jackets.

@CrashTestDummy - Would you be an absolute dear and consolidate all your returns please? I would do it myself but I am having difficulty with my bacon sandwich this morning.

Rgds

SB

Last edited:
11. Identikit Political wannabes with no life experience going straight into politics.

I have always said no one should be allowed to stand for MP unless they have at least 10 years experience of working in a real job for a living & paying tax. Not for any political party, union or charity but in the REAL world, totally outside those bubbles. They might then realise what the fears, worries & aspirations of the electorate are!!

skeetstar

Old-Salt
Yes. I'd like to see any candidate having a solid CV in some wealth creation role. I admit though that we'd also need some folks with successful public sector managerial experience.
I'd also like to see MPs limited to two terms so that we can rid ourselves of those with safe seats who make politics thir livelihood.. That said I'd wonder if that approach would lend itself to creating men and women fit for high office, in such a short time frame.

Maybe MPs should be paid at the average wage/salary, that might help concentrate their minds, though again lefties would say that that would penalise Labour, whilst not hurting tories with their directorships ans second and third incomes etc.
I'd also like to see the role restricted to people who were born in the UK, though again that us a gut feeling and I might be persuaded to the contrary on that point.

But I wholly agree, I cant see that whittome or that graduate SNP MPs have anything of value to offer, they simply don't have enough life experience.

By Oliver Kamm

People forget or just have no idea of what the cold war was about.
The Soviet & Chinese efforts to destabilise and ruin our country was immense from funding, training & in some cases arming so called "freedom fighters" in our colonies , see Peoples' Friendship University of Russia - Wikipedia
Infiltrating most trade unions with often KGB trained & paid idiots like Jack Jones, to ruin our economy. We came close to losing our democracy in 1979 | The Spectator
They were even supposedly said to have one of our PM'S on their pay role with a few other useful idiots in politics as well. History's greatest conspiracy theories
Fortunately it failed, BUT there are still a large number of fellow travellers here,, like the BLM movement and the XR movement, especially in our educational establishments and seemingly in much of our media who are spreading the poison to ruin our country and then allow the marxist morons to take over!

The Soviet & Chinese efforts to destabilise and ruin our country was immense from funding, training & in some cases arming so called "freedom fighters" in our colonies , see Peoples' Friendship University of Russia - Wikipedia
Infiltrating most trade unions with often KGB trained & paid idiots like Jack Jones, to ruin our economy. We came close to losing our democracy in 1979 | The Spectator
They were even supposedly said to have one of our PM'S on their pay role with a few other useful idiots in politics as well. History's greatest conspiracy theories
Fortunately it failed, BUT there are still a large number of fellow travellers here,, like the BLM movement and the XR movement, especially in our educational establishments and seemingly in much of our media who are spreading the poison to ruin our country and then allow the marxist morons to take over!
We used to worry about reds under the beds when it turned out there really were reds under the bed. Rumour was when the skippers of the Polaris Nuclear boat got their target lists out of the safe in the event of war, Labour Party HQ and the TUC building were at the top of the target list.

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
Oh dear, after good old Keir totally/not at all taking responsibility for Hartlepool, despite saying he would/wouldn't do that.
"The upcoming by-election in West Yorkshire is not a referendum on the leadership of the Labour Party, its candidate has said."

It pretty much is dearie.

Just not people like Robinson or Golding who also went to Russia eh?

Any tool that's harmful to the UK is useful.

More things change, more they stay the same.

iu

Oh dear, after good old Keir totally/not at all taking responsibility for Hartlepool, despite saying he would/wouldn't do that.
"The upcoming by-election in West Yorkshire is not a referendum on the leadership of the Labour Party, its candidate has said."

Conceding defeat already.

Very wise.

If there is a corbynista coup I wonder if the NEC would opt for long-bailey ? Suicide

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
If there is a corbynista coup I wonder if the NEC would opt for long-bailey ? Suicide
Oh please.... To see the pinch-faced blonde with her soulless eyes hidden by hate-fcuk glasses back on the front bench would be a joy.....

Dianne Abbott is still the Labour leader that the Labour Party and the country deserve

"So, my narrative is"

fiction, non-fiction or loosely based on reality?

longbailey. It's her mouth. It is like the mouth of a badly drawn cartoon character. Evil lurks in that mouth. Like a female Strelnikov (think Tom Courtenay in Dr Zhivago)

Last edited:

Latest Threads