New Labour Leadership

Not forgetting the man who would be leader, Banana man aka David Miliband

Although whether he would want to be labour leader is doubtful, he's too busy working for International Rescue hoping they'll let him have a go on Thunderbird 2
Why would Miliband seek to rescue a party controlled, infested and woked to oblivion by corbynistas ?
Burnham has likely concluded that Labour cannot be salvaged until the hard left has been comprehensively excreted.

Last edited:
Why would Miliband seek to rescue a party controlled, infested and destroyed by corbynistas ?
The same thing that motivates all narcissists and psychopaths - power.

Corbynistas who control the NEC would prevent Milliband's selection from the outset. Milliband must be acutely aware of this.

John Smith, Neil Kinnock and Tony Blair thought they had ”salvaged” the party many years ago now. Clearly not. The hard left is now just as firmly embedded (if not more so) than when John Smith started reforming it.

i don’t think Labour has anyone today with the intellect and strength of character needed to do it all again.

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
John Smith, Neil Kinnock and Tony Blair thought they had ”salvaged” the party many years ago now. Clearly not. The hard left is now just as firmly embedded (if not more so) than when John Smith started reforming it.

i don’t think Labour has anyone today with the intellect and strength of character needed to do it all again.
Delicious, isn't it?

Whilst a certain amount of schadenfreude wells up every time the Labour Party does something even more idiotic and self destructive, there is of course a concern that our parliamentary system needs an effective opposition to keep the Government honest. and sharp.

But it is hilarious.

As soon as I didn't sign up to renew my Party membership (guffaw) I've received a stream of generic reminders, but today I received a personal email from their 'prospective candidate' (I'm not quite sure what she thinks she's the candidate for, as she failed to gain the seat in that latest election) asking me to reconsider rejoining as the 'local Party is really strong' (it bombed) and works hard to 'represent local people' (I'm not quite sure how, as they don't have a representative in Westminster or Cardiff).

Whilst I have a number of points I could present in reply, I was wondering if anybody could add to my list. So far I have:

1. Identity politics
2. Minority politics.
3. Support for Palestine/Hamas/Hezbollah.
4. XLW in the form of Momentum, McDonnell, Corbyn, Abbott, etc.
5. The EU.
6. The lack of talent.
7. Enforced shortlists.

TamH70

MIA
As soon as I didn't sign up to renew my Party membership (guffaw) I've received a stream of generic reminders, but today I received a personal email from their 'prospective candidate' (I'm not quite sure what she thinks she's the candidate for, as she failed to gain the seat in that latest election) asking me to reconsider rejoining as the 'local Party is really strong' (it bombed) and works hard to 'represent local people' (I'm not quite sure how, as they don't have a representative in Westminster or Cardiff).

Whilst I have a number of points I could present in reply, I was wondering if anybody could add to my list. So far I have:

1. Identity politics
2. Minority politics.
5. The EU.
6. The lack of talent.
7. Enforced shortlists.

Racism against white people by prominent members of their party?
Taking George Orwell's "1984" as a user's manual for a political movement rather than as a warning?
Taking the same author's "Animal Farm", ditto?

1. Identity politics
2. Minority politics.
5. The EU.
6. The lack of talent.
7. Enforced shortlists.
To really piss her off, add the following:

Loss, Loss, Loss, Loss, Blair, Blair, Blair, Loss, Loss, Loss, Loss.
Guaranteed to send her and her team into a tailspin!
:-D

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
The number of Labour MPs Councillors ending up in court!

1. Identity politics
2. Minority politics.
5. The EU.
6. The lack of talent.
7. Enforced shortlists.
Bacon sandwiches?

1. Identity politics
2. Minority politics.
5. The EU.
6. The lack of talent.
7. Enforced shortlists.

8.Funding with big len and the union barons yanking the strings (Sorry I failed to see FourZeroCharlie's Post)

1. Identity politics
2. Minority politics.
5. The EU.
6. The lack of talent.
7. Enforced shortlists.
Labour and Momentum millionaires determined to subjugate the masses to communist poverty and ignorance.

Ooh! I know this one:

8. In thrall to despotic Unions.

1. Identity politics
2. Minority politics.
5. The EU.
6. The lack of talent.
7. Enforced shortlists.
9. Failure to engage with the nation at large. Lecturing rather than listening

Labour has lurched from the ridiculous to the reactionary. corbyn stood for things the rest of the country hated. starmer stands for whatever right-on cause makes the newspapers.

Labour has gone from a "working class" backed movement to a latte drinking, soy based reactionary sixth form debating society. That's fine. But will never win the rest of the country over. The Islington elite and guardianistas are laughed at throughout the rest of the country. So out of touch it's painful.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor

Labour has lurched from the ridiculous to the reactionary. corbyn stood for things the rest of the country hated. starmer stands for whatever right-on cause makes the newspapers.

Labour has gone from a "working class" backed movement to a latte drinking, soy based reactionary sixth form debating society. That's fine. But will never win the rest of the country over. The Islington elite and guardianistas are laughed at throughout the rest of the country. So out of touch it's painful.
As you say, so out of touch that they don't even realise that they are just the subjects if derision!

11. Identikit Political wannabes with no life experience going straight into politics.

There are still plenty of useful idiots who vote them though

Latest Threads