New Labour Leadership

I’m just about to watch the Queens address to the nation...................

I wonder if Corbyn watched it this morning?
Probably, as he wouldn't have been able to attend the homeless shelter to serve scran.

She was shite as Home Secretary and shite as prime minister. I have her on a par with Gordon Brown.

As you say, Boris f*cked it off for a reason. May had the same opportunity to f*ck it off for the very same reason. Flawed judgement in accepting the post that nobody else wanted.
  • Flawed judgement in converting a commons majority into an unworkable minority that relied on the DUP to get anything done
  • Flawed judgement in achieving the biggest HoC defeat in history with her flawed brexit bill...
  • Flawed judgment in presenting a barely changed version of the same bill to achieve yet a second significant defeat
  • Flawed Judgement that saw the Government in contempt of Parliament
  • the second highest number of parliamentary defeats ( 28 )since Jim Callaghan (34) in 1970. Callaghan achieved his first 28 over 949 days where May managed her 28 in 634 days
  • Mrs May achieved the record for the most Commons defeats (5) in a single day.
The list of failures, too many to mention, is greater than her list of successes by any stretch of the imagination.

With 28 defeats and resignations galore was Theresa May the weakest Prime Minister ever?
Or she took it on knowing all that.

You can't have everyone f*cking it off.

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
He's clearing out the Corbynites, hopefully, he'll be as sensible in his politics, but I fear not.

it must be a mixture of lockdown/cabin fever but I have to say that a dose of CoV19 and not being allowed out to the wine bars and Angela Rayner is starting to look a bit minxy:

WARNING: View with sound muted.

it must be a mixture of lockdown/cabin fever but I have to say that a dose of CoV19 and not being allowed out to the wine bars and Angela Rayner is starting to look a bit minxy:

Another month and you'll start getting longings for Theresa May and posting photos of her in the GILFs you would thread

Ooh ooh me too me too
Ive nearly died from the bug but ive done my very best Kard-cashin-in primary make-up to make myself as current as possile without doing **** all! Ooh ooh over here, me meme me ooh ooh ver here!!

NSP

LE
God but this is awful news: Starmer's swept aside all the Corbyn sycophants and replaced them on the front bench with moderate "soft leftists."

He might manage to - gulp! - make that shoddy party mildly electable (policy announcements notwithstanding), which may well cost the Tories those northern "safe" Labour seats they nabbed in December.

God but this is awful news: Starmer's swept aside all the Corbyn sycophants and replaced them on the front bench with moderate "soft leftists."

He might manage to - gulp! - make that shoddy party mildly electable (policy announcements notwithstanding), which may well cost the Tories those northern "safe" Labour seats they nabbed in December.
It'll take very much more than that, and as a committed Remoaner he will have his work cut out to reclaim the North!

I've seen much wailing on Facebook from my die hard Labour acquaintances who thought Jezza was the second coming. Apparently Starmer is pro war and "Tory lite" and they are considering leaving the party membership as a result of him becoming leader. Guaranteed come the next election they'll be banging the drum for him and urging everyone to vote Labour though as the only 'sensible' choice to get the Tories out, they're as predictable as the tide those lot.

Latest Threads