New Labour Leadership

Dredd

LE
Labour MP recounting to Paul Waugh what Starmer is like to deal with…

“You call up and he’s basically managing you on the call and he sort of thinks he’s really smart and you haven’t clocked that he’s just managing. Obviously, we’re ******* politicians so we know when we are being managed. He’ll often say ‘I agree with everything you said’. I’m thinking, you shouldn’t have agreed with everything I said. You should have told the truth, which is, you maybe half understood half the things I said and you disagree with the rest of it, I’d respect him more if he said that. We’re all desperate for him to succeed but almost everyone I’ve talked to this sort of has these conversations with him, he agrees with everything you’ve said. I think he hangs up, and he’s like ‘yeah, that was fine I’ve dealt with that’ and he’s on to the next thing. And I hang up and I think he’s got even less politics than I thought.”

Sir Keir agrees with everything you said . . .

starmer.jpg

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
As I mentioned on the BBC thread, no mention of a "humiliating U turn" like it would if it had been the PM of course.
Boris Ggggrrrr!!! I thought all churches were against LGBTQ+ in a hate the sin, love the sinner kinda way.

philc

LE

philc

LE
Unless Kier comes away with a stonking majority from Hartlepool he is a dead man walking, much noise is being made by Anti Brexit being a possible reason for defeat, Corbyn or Boris and the Covid factor. All are distractions, as has been repeatedly said here and elsewhere Labour are in the grips of a vocal minority and their supporters who just say things that turn people away from the Party, one weeks it BLM, next Transsexual's toilet politics, cant attend a church over Easter for fear of upsetting some segment, Slavery, racism the list goes on.

These are not important, they are issues however voters want work, stability, wage increases, clean streets, access to GPs, small school classes, Police, decent public transport. All the time you have Labour MPs banging on about their pet projects it drowns out the central message. You dont see that from Tory MPs, they sing from the same hymn sheet and if they break out on a solo they are reigned in.

All this played out for all to see and read on Facebook, Twitter or which every is the weeks favourite. Magnified and repeated.

Until such time has either reigned in the troublesome or binned them they are doomed to fail.

Real dearth of talent in Labour HQ

Miiliband

Corbyn

Starmer

Who's next?

Dianne Abbot for Leader of the Labour Party and David Lammy as the Deputy Leader, the dream team for anyone who isn't a Labour supporter

Unless Kier comes away with a stonking majority from Hartlepool he is a dead man walking, much noise is being made by Anti Brexit being a possible reason for defeat, Corbyn or Boris and the Covid factor. All are distractions, as has been repeatedly said here and elsewhere Labour are in the grips of a vocal minority and their supporters who just say things that turn people away from the Party, one weeks it BLM, next Transsexual's toilet politics, cant attend a church over Easter for fear of upsetting some segment, Slavery, racism the list goes on.

These are not important, they are issues however voters want work, stability, wage increases, clean streets, access to GPs, small school classes, Police, decent public transport. All the time you have Labour MPs banging on about their pet projects it drowns out the central message. You dont see that from Tory MPs, they sing from the same hymn sheet and if they break out on a solo they are reigned in.

All this played out for all to see and read on Facebook, Twitter or which every is the weeks favourite. Magnified and repeated.

Until such time has either reigned in the troublesome or binned them they are doomed to fail.

Labour used to understand this so well; now they are in thrall to public sector middle management, academics, students, doleys, the Bangladeshi and Pakistani vote in London, the Midlands, the North West and West Yorkshire, radical environmentalists and a minority of the LBGTQ+ community. These assorted factions do not a political party make.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor

The factor behind Sir KS not doing well is Momentum who have undermined everything that he has tried. In trying to please everyone KS pleased no-one.

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
The factor behind Sir KS not doing well is Momentum who have undermined everything that he has tried. In trying to please everyone KS pleased no-one.
I dunno I think that's the fig leaf he's trying to hide his inadequacy behind, rather than them being in any way effectual.

That and the fact that Magic Grandpa, Dianne Fatbot, and that other bunch of commies in the Labour Party tried everything possible to stop Brexit made them unelectable for the next 20 years or so. I will never ever vote Labour again, they should give up the ghost just now as it's only going to go downhill from here (unless the cons seriously mess up).

I feel Sir Kneel a Lot's strategy is just by 2024 GE the Cons will have been in power for 14 years one way and the other so it's about time the pendulum, in our two party system, will swing back to Labour and the GE will just fall into his lap? Dream on unless BoJo has a major slip on the banana skin.

Last edited:
Real dearth of talent in Labour HQ

Miiliband

Corbyn

Starmer

Who's next?
Step forward Barry Gardiner and prepare for Government! :-D

Latest Threads