New Labour Leadership

Sunak & Patel?

I'd have Truss above Patel if that's the case.

(oiled up - sorry, couldn't resist).
I'd agree with your running order. Don't really understand all the love for Patel. She seems to talk a good game but delivers very little.
Sunak has had a good covid crisis
Truss, has played a blinder with the amount of trade deals struck.

Plus Patel, has a massive arse.

I'd agree with your running order. Don't really understand all the love for Patel. She seems to talk a good game but delivers very little.

Given Home Sec post is a poison chalice?

Having said that, this country is more likely to get a BAME Prime Minister from the Conservative Party than it ever will from Labour.

Almost for sure at present, if/when BoJo goes in fact one male and one female at top of list.
Since Boris Johnson is one eighth Turkish doesn't he already count as BAME under the one drop of blood rule?

Sunak started very well and seemed like he was going to be more fiscally conservative until the call to bin that policy after which we get the possibility of raising taxes which could stunt growth. Greening is full on identity politics by the sound of it. There seems too much of a Labour bent in the "Conservatives". That said, if the Conservatives are New Labour, what is Starmer's labour for?

More Labour death bed conversions, keep the Nuc love NATO, no Tax increases. BoJo is pulling them to the middle ground, will it go twang for them at some stage?

According to Aunty Beeb today then:

Sir Keir Starmer's critics in Labour become increasingly vocal​

Seems that a bunch of former shadow ministers are at odds with Capt. Hindsight and his leadership.

Aunty dies make the point though that these former shadow ministers were all Corbynites sacked by Starmer.

Now one thing that unites all three former shadow ministers was their dismissal from the frontbench when Sir Keir assumed the leadership.

Poor old Hindsight. There's nothing wrong with his leadership... it's the lefty swine who can’t see how decisive the Dear Leader’s fence sitting and dithering is.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I was talking to my ex wife yesterday and she said she liked Starmer! On asking why, it is because he has a nice voice o_O

Mind you, she also likes Sturgeon so does not have a lot going for her.

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
I was talking to my ex wife yesterday and she said she liked Starmer! On asking why, it is because he has a nice voice o_O

Mind you, she also likes Sturgeon so does not have a lot going for her.
In which case, congratulations on your divorce....

So that's more woke than two women Prime Minister's is it?

And does Sadiq Khan not count as an elected leader from the BAME community?

Having said that, this country is more likely to get a BAME Prime Minister from the Conservative Party than it ever will from Labour.

My bold Labour already have more than a few of these in our heavily enriched towns/cities, Birmingham, Blackburn, Bristol, Luton, etc. etc.
Mind you Sadiq is having a few troubles of his own apart from his new "statues" committee, Khan forced to hide in cafe as protesters turn up at mayoral launch

"The bad news for Keir Starmer is that 11 months after he replaced Jeremy Corbyn as Labour leader, the party is still trailing in the polls. After chancellor Rishi Sunak’s budget, YouGov polling shows the Conservative Party a full 13 points ahead of Labour – a larger gap than at the last election . . . . "

"The bad news for Keir Starmer is that 11 months after he replaced Jeremy Corbyn as Labour leader, the party is still trailing in the polls. After chancellor Rishi Sunak’s budget, YouGov polling shows the Conservative Party a full 13 points ahead of Labour – a larger gap than at the last election . . . . "

Labour has no credible alternative full stop.

Latest Threads