Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Labour Leadership

Which one of you put fifty pence in the idiot then?

Sack Hancock over Covid contracts, says Corbyn​

Her [that titan of British politics, Caroline Ludicrous - Green Party] point is echoed by former Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn, who calls for Matt Hancock to be replaced as health secretary over the late publication of procurement contracts.​
Mr Corbyn, who is sitting as an independent following his suspension as a Labour MP, also calls for an end to "scandalous privatisation" in the NHS.​
In response Boris Johnson says the government acted as fast as it could to get items such as protective equipment as quickly as possible during the early stages of the pandemic.​

To be replaced by whom? Current Dep Leader, the fragrant Angeluh?

She's so far out of her depth she needs to be declared a hazard to shipping.

The only one who might be persuaded is the current First Citizen of Gratuh Manchestuh, Andy Burnham.

But his track record is not great - couldn't hold onto a Government portfolio for more than a year and, in the 2010 Leadership election, came a stunning 4th out of 5 candidates.

Politically, I suspect that he's Corbyn-lite though in a better suit.
May be Labour will have to go through several new leaders before the next Great Helmsman, to sail them to the promised land, appears? Remember the Conservatives after the 1997 GE, Hague, Duncan Smith and Howard (remember him) before Call Me Dave appeared to give Brooon hid P45?

Which one of you put fifty pence in the idiot then?

Sack Hancock over Covid contracts, says Corbyn​

Her [that titan of British politics, Caroline Ludicrous - Green Party] point is echoed by former Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn, who calls for Matt Hancock to be replaced as health secretary over the late publication of procurement contracts.​
Mr Corbyn, who is sitting as an independent following his suspension as a Labour MP, also calls for an end to "scandalous privatisation" in the NHS.​
In response Boris Johnson says the government acted as fast as it could to get items such as protective equipment as quickly as possible during the early stages of the pandemic.​

It was probably Starmer as a reminder to the voters and his MPs: 'I may be worthy, dull and boring, but don't forget that my predecessor was a complete **** who led the party to disaster because he was a complete **** , eh?'

May be Labour will have to go through several new leaders before the next Great Helmsman, to sail them to the promised land, appears? Remember the Conservatives after the 1997 GE, Hague, Duncan Smith and Howard (remember him) before Call Me Dave appeared to give Brooon hid P45?

Call Me Dave who bravely ran away once he knew he'd lost the Brexit referendum, the utter cockwomble

I look forward (with much relish) to rending of raiment and the gnashing of teeth when the foxy Angeluh and (probably) the Humble Millionaire Son of a Bus Driver go at it hammer and tongs as It's My turn, Now!

I'm idly musing on an Eisenstein masterpiece with a lorra lorra blood, massacred activists and the Boy Owen as the occupant of that pram:

1614016234301.png

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Hague was on a hiding to nothing post the 1997 GE but using SKS’s powers of hindsight he may well have been one of the best PMs we never had.

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Very astute.

But then Keir goes on to criticise what Boris has said, and which he himself has just agreed with.
He reminds me of a certain sort of academic. Clever. Able to spot the problem but never able to actually do anything.

This explains The Labour Party perfectly:

1614021286844.png

philc

LE
Liverpool Labour not happy, I know how ever its kicking off, they are trying to find a new candidate, shoe in to replace the previous Mayor who is under investigation for fraud, bribery and witness intimidation, sounds normal.

Threats of court cases, to add to the other court case ongoing, poor old Keir will need all his lawyer skills.

Liverpool Labour not happy, I know how ever its kicking off, they are trying to find a new candidate, shoe in to replace the previous Mayor who is under investigation for fraud, bribery and witness intimidation, sounds normal.

Threats of court cases, to add to the other court case ongoing, poor old Keir will need all his lawyer skills.

Reported that ongoing legal cases has knocked a hole in Labours finances? For lawyers Christmas is every day!

Reported that ongoing legal cases has knocked a hole in Labours finances? For lawyers Christmas is every day!
Yeah, and if only I had quite a few more brain cells. I could have become one of them mega rich left wing lawyers. Sigh!

philc

LE
This is Labour, she seems to have forgotten Ed Miliband in her rush to make some point, or do Jews not count in Labours world.

51D311C9-98DB-402E-9F94-E7121922E76E.jpeg

Mr_Relaxed

War Hero
This is Labour, she seems to have forgotten Ed Miliband in her rush to make some point, or do Jews not count in Labours world.

View attachment 552954
So that's more woke than two women Prime Minister's is it?

And does Sadiq Khan not count as an elected leader from the BAME community?

Having said that, this country is more likely to get a BAME Prime Minister from the Conservative Party than it ever will from Labour.

So that's more woke than two women Prime Minister's is it?

And does Sadiq Khan not count as an elected leader from the BAME community?

Having said that, this country is more likely to get a BAME Prime Minister from the Conservative Party than it ever will from Labour.

Almost for sure at present, if/when BoJo goes in fact one male and one female at top of list.

Almost for sure at present, if/when BoJo goes in fact one male and one female at top of list.
Sunak & Patel?

I'd have Truss above Patel if that's the case.

(oiled up - sorry, couldn't resist).