Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Labour Leadership

Hell, it would even give the Limp Dums a chance at getting back in as HM's Loyal Opposition.
Now that really is the most ludicrously far fetched thing I have ever heard. Even more far fetched than Labour’s last election manifesto.

Could anybody possessed of even a modicum of reality imagine that bloke, Ned Wavey? Ted Gravy? whatever his name is as leader of the opposite lot?

Last edited:
I

Some of my fellow TU reps would have agreed with you. Being in a white collar job and wearing a tie labelled me as being somewhat right of Maggie Thatcher.

I laugh at the right-on avocadoatti on FB/Twittrr etc who talk of guillotines on the streets for ‘Toffs’; as there are always people who see ‘you’ as a ‘Toff’ because they perceive you as being better off than them.
Precisely my experience.

Colonel St Lady Nugee (patron saint of the Corps of White Van Men) is a tad exercised by Boris appointing Lord Frost to the cabinet as the minister i/c Brexit stuff under Mickey Gove.

It must be a good appointment if it get the revolting Thornberry wound up...

Someone like Chakrabarti then?

I think that would actually be a good outcome. The LibDems represent an alternative point of view. In 2010 they were prepared to join Cameron in a coalition they were not entirely happy with in the national interest.

It’s been a long time since Labour made any pretence of acting in the national interest. It has become the party of identity and grievance politics in the hunt to generate votes.

As we’ve seen from #WhatsHisName they have no ideas, no integrity and no competence.
Did they f#ck.

They joined a coalition because it was the only conceivable chance they had of getting the slightest sniff of power. They went on to exact the price for that by getting a slack handful of their lunatic policies on the statute books and created what is probably the most damagingly ineffective Government this country has ever seen. Given that May followed soon after and that the rock Corbyn was lurking under got kicked over about the same time, and the effect both have had on the nation subsequently, Cameron (read “the general population”) would have been better served in forming a coalition with Labour.

Has a little sideline writing reports but a bit like an accountant when you ask what the final numbers are and they say "what do you want them to be?"

Could anybody possessed of even a modicum of reality imagine that bloke, Ned Wavey? Ted Gravy? whatever his name is as leader of the opposite lot?
Show a bit of respect to a Knight of the Realm. Sir Ted Gravy to you sunshine!

Now that really is the most ludicrously far fetched thing I have ever heard. Even more far fetched than Labour’s last election manifesto.

Is it him?

wavy d.jpg

Or that woman who claims to enjoy coitus with kitchenware?

Starmer is getting rinsed in the comments section of Guido Fawkes.

Starmer: Labour merely surviving is 'progress'

Who'd have thought that a multi-millionaire lawyer who never leaves London wouldn't be the right person to reclaim the northern red wall?

Corbyn did nothing but attract loopy lefties and rabid anti-Semites. If that's progress it's a new kind of definition of progress that I've never heard of before.

He's like a crappy rock tribute band , phoney Blair.

Max Headroom merely surviving is a miracle. Lacklustre, with less personality than a damp squib, no leadership skills and no overarching political principles. But have Labour got anyone better? Certainly not in their shadow cabinet.

But have Labour got anyone better? Certainly not in their shadow cabinet.

There is the intellectual titan of the Labour Party, the one and only Dianne Abbott :rolleyes:

sirbhp

LE
Book Reviewer
Seeing how we have three years to go before the next general election I suppose all starmer can do is keep his powder dry and star getting a decent election strategy in place for when the whistle blows.

I dont thin that Boris will go for re election , have you seen the state of him now he's not smiling as much as he used to .

Seeing how we have three years to go before the next general election I suppose all starmer can do is keep his powder dry and star getting a decent election strategy in place for when the whistle blows.

That’s assuming that the Labour Party doesn’t have a leadership challenge and give him the boot

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
That’s assuming that the Labour Party doesn’t have a leadership challenge and give him the boot
Replace #WhatsHisName with #WhatsThereName. Why bother?

To be replaced by whom? Current Dep Leader, the fragrant Angeluh?

She's so far out of her depth she needs to be declared a hazard to shipping.

The only one who might be persuaded is the current First Citizen of Gratuh Manchestuh, Andy Burnham.

But his track record is not great - couldn't hold onto a Government portfolio for more than a year and, in the 2010 Leadership election, came a stunning 4th out of 5 candidates.

Politically, I suspect that he's Corbyn-lite though in a better suit.

Its whether they want to go for full on internecine warfare between the centrist faceless mediocrities and the rabid, slavering momentumites.

Which would be fun to watch.

The only one who might be persuaded is the current First Citizen of Gratuh Manchestuh, Andy Burnham.

But his track record is not great - couldn't hold onto a Government portfolio for more than a year and, in the 2010 Leadership election, came a stunning 4th out of 5 candidates.

He wears eyeliner. The big puff.

they are all still holding their breath for Mr 'International Rescue' himself to jack in his mega paying job in the USA and come swinging to the rescue - however he carries the stain of blair and his brother was so incompetent he couldnt eat a bacon sarnie and thought that 3 pound memberships was a stunningly good idea to stop the party being taken over by hard core marxists and a scarey old magic grandpa

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
they are all still holding their breath for Mr 'International Rescue' himself to jack in his mega paying job in the USA and come swinging to the rescue - however he carries the stain of blair and his brother was so incompetent he couldnt eat a bacon sarnie and thought that 3 pound memberships was a stunningly good idea to stop the party being taken over by hard core marxists and a scarey old magic grandpa
FFS! I thought you were proposing Trump. It would be an improvement on the current shower.

Citizen Khan has been on manovers also? In either case some semi ga ga Labour MP in a safe seat will have to be made an offer he/she cannot refuse, move their sorry but to the HoL to create a by-election.

I remain bewildered by the cachet given to Bananaman. If anything, he's weirder than his brother.