New Labour and HMG have turned the economy around.

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by whitecity, Apr 2, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. On a quarterly basis, productivity grew by 0.5 per cent in the fourth quarter, up from a fall of 0.2 per cent in the previous quarter.

Here's the full story....

Productivity: Fall in Productivity Q4 2009

[​IMG]

2. seaweed

seaweed LE Book Reviewer

It is statistical drivel to pretend that this is definitive news. I would think the error is + or - at least 5%.

3. Its a bit like the people who burnt down your entire house repainting the front door then claiming its increased in value as a result.

4. And even if the figures are true, why are "New Labour and HMG" responsible?

5. Spoken like a true Tory: Just what have New Labour/HMG done to turn the economy around?

PS. Figures are official data. You decide if that means true. :wink:

6. I may have missed this in previous posts but what is your 'occupation'..are you skilled..?? educated(degrees from CFE's don't count)..??..are you Sven..??.. do you work (i.e. Non Government)..??.... :?

7. All fine and dandy but productivity is a function of the number of people "economically" active.

Same number as before then we are improving.

Fewer active people than before, then we are a long way from being out of it yet.

8. Well, what have they done to increase productivity and lower unit wage costs?

9. All hail St Gordon!!!!! Coming next, he will announce he has a cure for cancer!!!

10. Spoken like a true Tory.

Just what have New Labour/HMG done to increase productivity and lower unit wage costs?

11. In my particular case I am doing the job of two men for 75% of my previous wage. Probably more to do with big business hijacking the recession than anything else, but there you go I still have a job. I lived through the last big recession and government did nothing, instead leaving it to market forces.

12. Devaluation of the pound so the few exports that we do have are therefore cheaper which leads to an increase in orders but the profit is less the wages don't go as far St Gordon can fucking well kiss my arrse if he thinks he is correct in saving this country delusional cnut. This is the man who said recently in an interview( before you ask i cant remember which radio station it was) that he wanted to see this country as more of a service economy. We bloody will have to be because the manufacturing isn't worth shouting about and by a service economy does your hallowed leader mean call center's if that is the case why not base our whole economy on the Indian model. That man and his faithful followers should be put out of their misery now, preferably with a large blunt instrument to the back of the skull.

13. Is it just me who thinks that he might be mis-representing a "service" economy, as one where everyone else provides money for Labour voters to spend?

14. Well **** all the waffle below the graph.

Productivity has gone down in the past five years and unit wage costs have gone up.

Nothing New Labour about that - it's classic 70's Labour