New kit issued at basic to new recruits?????

Discussion in 'Military Clothing & Boots' started by zimchaz, Apr 24, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I am set to be at basic on the 30th of October and was just wondering what kit will be issued to me ie the old jungle looking kit or the new tiger stripe stuff?and what about boots?
  2. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

You will no doubt find out when you get there! When you do keep us all informed as no one seems to know!
  3. Its the usual waste out the old kit and then issue the new.
  4. Ok what about boots??? Brown black or cam?I don't see the army ever letting recruits out of bulling dress boots
  5. You'll get my old knackered boots when I'm finished with them. Ditto the rest of the uniform - I hope you're good at sewing. ;)
  6. How about reading some of the threads on here about the new issue uniform? Gear Spotter ( the man in the know) has stated that brown boots are due in 2012.
  7. worn in is better than brand new and stiff like cardboard...any donations welcome
  8. Again go and read the reads....ATRs will be the FIRST to be issued the new PCS so there will be no second hand stuff available.
  9. PCS Combat Uniform has been delivered to the first units on the fielding plan and will no doubt be issued to personnel on their return from leave.

CU will be issued to ATRS in Sep/Oct time. Not sure at the moment for delivery of Ancillary Items (ie replacement for norwegian, fleece etc) but hope it will be around then.

Hope that helps.
  10. Ok cool so on the basis that I will be starting ATR at the end of October does that mean I will be issued it or will it depend on which ATR I'm going to???it's Bassingbourne for me...
  11. Gearspotter is this fielding plan you speak of, in the public or DII(F) domains. If so please could you post a link.
  12. It's definitely not been published on the web. I believe it's been sent to all units/HQs rather than published on the intranet. Your G4 staff should be able to provide it for you.
  13. does it even matter?

when you get there, 3 things will happen:
    •*You will be given everything you need, less the things you got told to take with you.
    •*You will be told how to wear everything you have been given.
    •*You will be told how to look after everything you have been given.

Knowing at this stage whether you will be issued brown or black boots will not help you in the slightest. Getting off ARRSE and going for a run, however, would.

See where this is going? It doesn't matter!
  14. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Be funny though all the recruits with parade gloss in black and issue brown boots!
  15. Whether its old or new gear, the same principle applies, you will be expected to iron it and turn yourself out in an acceptable manner. You will probaly find most of the new gear will be issued to you upon on arrival at Battalion.