New Kit for 16 Bde

For all the kit hounds amongst you, the BBC has been running an article on the new kit the Paras will receive for their tour. It was run on the Lunchtime News:

Linky starts at 16:40 in

A fuller version covering more of the Black Bag kit is here:

Linky

A piece on sniper training is here:

Linky

And for those with shorter attention spans, the Newsbeat version is here:

Linky

That should keep you happy!

Is the last set of body armour shown in the second video purely Osprey Assault, but in green?

Z

Zarathustra

Aside from the new helmet, body armour and what appear to be better knee pads thats the same kits that 11 Brigade got issued last year and obviously the new cam.

Its a take off of the QR Plate carrier by condor, my reasoning behind this would be that most of Solo's kit is by condor and they are supplying the covers, even if they have not used condor direct the design is very similar ( I could be completly wrong though )

soldier20201 said:
Its a take off of the QR Plate carrier by condor, my reasoning behind this would be that most of Solo's kit is by condor and they are supplying the covers, even if they have not used condor direct the design is very similar ( I could be completly wrong though )
Completely and utterly, utterly wrong I am afraid!

Mongo said:
Gearspotter said:
Completely and utterly, utterly wrong I am afraid!
Out of interest, who manufacturers the new Osprey Assault?

the lowest bidder :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

That sniper isnt going to be very stealthy with a big red beret on his head!!

I heard a rumour that the bloke who runs solo was saying how cack the osprey cover as and he could do better.
ok make something better then
so he did and got a huge order :oops: was'nt expecting that :evil:

Cpt_Darling said:
Is the last set of body armour shown in the second video purely Osprey Assault, but in green?
So ally it hurts to look at it....

Jungelism said:
Cpt_Darling said:
So ally it hurts to look at it....
Just as well, allyness saves lives.

Is MTP really 'World leading' as stated in the second vid' ? :?

And there was I thinking that it's been around as multicam for years. Perhaps even the first case of the airsoft walts trialling kit that the military ends up using :twisted:

Edited to add. Caroline Wyatt ....... would you ? :oops:

D_B

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
dogs_bollox said:
Edited to add. Caroline Wyatt ....... would you ? :oops:
Nope, not even with yours.

And I'd be further away if I used mine.

just been chatting to some of the lads back on R&R and their saying MTP's far too thick and hot for an Afghan summer so prefer wearing the old desert kit.

Hopefully this is just a teething problem with the 1st batch and it'll be better when it come into service properly

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Flip_Flop_the_Gog The Intelligence Cell 17
P Current Affairs, News and Analysis 3
Aunty Stella Weapons, Equipment & Rations 18