New Journo Thread

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Biscuits_AB, Apr 1, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Can we have a new thread or forum (bit like the Arrsehole) where we could put all the blatantly 'they're squaddies...they'll never suss me out and by f*ck I'm original' journo threads. They are springing up all over the site and are so obvious that they are entertainment in thier own rights.

Maybe the journo's can use them as a sort of reference as to which ones have failed (generally all of them) and be forced into having to think a bit harder in order to finf a new approach.

We could score them out of ten.

2. A Sub Thread of the Arrsehole?

3. I was trying to think of a title based on klingons, clinkers, piles, BLiar and warts! and any other arrsehole related objects.

Best I could come up with was Warts And all

I will leave it to MDN and the other more anally aware to come up with other suggestions!

A journo Tag similar to the Oxygen thief medal bar could be applied to those who are not upfront about their requests and their job!

4. Street of Sharrse ?

5. Like it. Dodgy posters trawling for opinion could be graded for squalidity of their initial post: Editor, Sub-Editor, Reporter, Teaboy. Marks for obviousness of hook after particular events involving HMF? Rewards for same (digital graphics ranging in contemptuous obscenity?)

6. What about the 'Piers Morgan' award for the best attempt to obtain information? It could be passed on as the quality of each atempt improves.

And the 'Fat Kira' award can go to whoever shows the least amount of imagination.

7. will this thread fill up faster than fat kira at a bun shop i wonder

8. Great idea - but don't they waste enough ARRSE time/bandwidth already?

Ignore ' em . . . .

9. Fair point Caubeen, but occasionally Arrsers don't realise they are journos!

Bag and Tag em!!

10. I'm NOT a journalist.

Lardbucket McNasty, celebrated SCUM journalist and winner of the 2005 Wurlitzer Prize.

11. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

But why? We already have a site for farmyard animals :pig: Why do we need another? :pig:

In fact I am not completely correct - the :pig: s are really only part of the AGC and not important enough for their own site. Journos are like monkeys you can smell them but as has been pointed out above, sometimes they get through the defences. Both monkeys and journos work to the same principal - why waste a good story with trivia like evidence :cry:

12. You're just bitter because the 'Peoples Friend' journo's don't come on here you old c*nt.

13. Auld-Yin

From this it is obvious that you read Francis Gay's column every week. You must sit with MDN swapping pictures and crayons.

14. Better than swapping luncheon vouchers for a can of tennants you drunken old cnut.

15. Auld-Yin

Cait - you are being 2 timed here. I think your wedding to BA_B might either be cancelled or you have to take your turn with Moodycunt.