New Jobsite for Ex Military Veterans and Reservists

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by SERFCA, May 14, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The purpose of this site is to put reservists who are seeking employment together with employers who have vacancies to fill and who are 'reservist friendly'. Ex military personnel or veterans may also apply for jobs on this site.

South East RFCA > Jobs > Jobs4Reservists

2. The purpose of this site is to put reservists who are seeking employment together with employers who have vacancies to fill and who are 'reservist friendly'. Ex military personnel or veterans may also apply for jobs on this site.

South East RFCA > Jobs > Jobs4Reservists

3. Well, the registering page is not secure and as such I don't wish to put my details (particularly service number etc) on there as yet. What safeguards have you in place to ensure that personal data is kept secure?

4. After registsering, the data is held on an RFCA owned database accessed only by authorised staff !!! We are not building up a database for distribution or emails other than for employment!!

5. I understand that, but as the registration is insecure, I would imagine that the database is not secured against naughty chaps that want to do a bit of hacking.

6. Well we have our own secure servers here at the RFCA!! I fully understand where you are coming from, this is a trial to assist Reservists and Ex Regulars to find employment nothing more !! Thank you for your thoughts!!

7. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

He's right - like most forums we don't worry about not having secure registration as there is next to no personal information. If you're taking service numbers and addresses you should use a secure connection (SSL) and also register with the ICO. You're asking for DPA problems without that. The ICO website gives guidelines on this.

Afterthought: I wouldn't give you the info you've asked for given the lax approach that no SSL (and no privacy information?) implies. And I'm quite easy going with my own personal data compared to most.

• Like Like x 1
  8. All understood and thank you for your advice!!

9. Hmmm...

Not keen on providing personal information via an insecure session on a bulletin board site, especially one which has GoDaddy as the registrar (given how relatively SPAM friendly GoDaddy is).

10. Once again thank you, some slight changes will occur to cut back on the data being given please be aware that our aim is get the right Reservist/Veteran in the right job with employers that are on side. As this is a trial and it does go well then the aim is to make it more secure!!! At this stage employers are now waitng to recieve CV's for current vacancies.

11. All good points about security and, as GoodCO mentions, ICO registration as a Data Controller. Registration is fairly straightforward although you do have to look carefully at the classes for which you require registration.

Good luck with this interesting RFCA initiative.

12. Why !! and !!!

Will one ! not do.

13. Thank you for the relevant information you have given us, please be aware we now have a security certificate on the site. We are now looking at the ICO registration, thanks again.....

14. I doubt very much if your site could find suitable employment for those ex regulars injured or ill veterans that cannot claim benefits due to the new regulations? Now that would be really beneficial and welcome and would not tax your system too much?

15. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

south east again, typical.