New Job ideas

Discussion in 'Jobs (Discussion)' started by Hexitele, Jun 27, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. If you were given the time, opportunity and financial support to retrain/study in a completely new skill/trade what would it be?

A friend of mine has been given just such an offer and he's heading (predictably) towards the Private Security Industry.

What would you do?

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)
  2. I'd retrain as a Doctor, I'm good with physics and chemistry (B.Sc (2:1) Applied Chemistry ). I'd need at the very least to do Biology at A Level, or possibly some sort of medical foundation degree and then obviously go back to Uni for 3-4 years. I'd be a newly trained doctor by the time I was 41 years old.

Either that, or train up as a touring car driver.

In fact, **** it; my handwriting is to good to belong to a doctor and I drive everywhere like it's a race. I'm happy where I am.
  3. I think I'll become a shrink.Two years worth of arrse should of given me the appropriate pedigree.
  4. I'd like to be a midwife.
  5. Battlefield Archaeologist - watched too many episodes of Time Team and too many programmes on Discovery..
  6. Whatever you do avoid the obvious, like plumbing for instance. All these quick fix things are saturated and usually a waste of time.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Haven't seen many "I'd like to have been a soldier" responses. Still, plenty of time yet.
  8. Tell you, if I had my time again I would not have left. I suppose its easy to say bollocks to the money when you have it, but I do miss soldiering.
  9. 8 years qualifies me as a patient.
  10. If I'd known then what I know now, I'd have become a sparky and put up with the shame.