New James Bond book (and new author)

If the book is anything like the book launch I just saw on the evening news I don't think I'll bother. Scrawny bint in a red latex catsuit with saggy crotch flown in by the RN. Whoopy fcuking do.

exile1 said:
I wonder if the previous comenteers have ever read any of the authors other books. IMO a very good writer.
I thoroughy agree - "Birdsong" was brilliant, "The Girl at the Lion d'Or" and "Charlotte Grey" slightly less so

There were some other Bond books written by another author, not Fleming, but I can't for the life of me remember his name.

rebel_with_a_cause said:
There were some other Bond books written by another author, not Fleming, but I can't for the life of me remember his name.
Charlie Higson has written a series of Young Bond books - I've only read the first one but I would recommend that - it was called Silverfish (I think?) and I think Kingsley Amis wrote one under a pseudomyn

Poppy said:
rebel_with_a_cause said:
Charlie Higson has written a series of Young Bond books - I've only read the first one but I would recommend that - it was called Silverfish (I think?) and I think Kingsley Amis wrote one under a pseudomyn
Amis wrote Col Sun

John Gardiner was, I think, the other author

Thanks Archer, that was bugging me for no real reason.

Cheers to the people who have taught me how to create a linky. I am still undecided as to whether I should go out and read it. but I am leading towards a YESSSSHHH at the moment.

O2Thief said:
If the book is anything like the book launch I just saw on the evening news I don't think I'll bother. Scrawny bint in a red latex catsuit with saggy crotch flown in by the RN. Whoopy fcuking do.
The VPL really finished the job off...

Why were the booties tooled up? Expecting some rogue author to swing in and try spoil the day eh?

Pronto_Mike_Uniform said:
Why were the booties tooled up? Expecting some rogue author to swing in and try spoil the day eh?
Probably worried they'd find themselves on the wrong side of the river and have to surrender to whoever was available.