New Italian Defence Minister

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Generalissimo, Nov 16, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The new Italian Minister of Defense is their ex-CDS and current Chairman of the NATO Military Committee, Admiral Giampaolo Di Paola. Should be interesting to see how a serving officer does managing a defence ministry, and how he implements the swingeing cuts coming...

BBC News - Monti unveils technocratic cabinet for Italy

2. Ah! The first piece in the inconvenient jig-saw of democracies falls to the open maw of the repellent monster that is the GERMAN dictatorship, allied to its little helper and friend the French, delayed by seventy years, but still determined to RULE the continent of Europe. Byelorussia and Ukraine beware, and be very much on your guard! The monster will not be sated by gobbling up irrelevancies such as:

Denmark; Netherlands; Luxembourg; Estonia; Latvia; Lithuania; Scotland ( if it stupidly goes alone ); Malta; Portugal; Spain; Italy; Greece - need I go on? When the Bosche is allowed its head - stand by! There is one cure and one cure only:

BRITISH INFANTRY! The Frogs will give in before the start! Sorry, they are on Germany's side to star with! The Dutch have no hope, despite their best efforts. The Danes, will do their best. The rest will fold: give in: supplicate, just as has happened before.

Our English Channel will assist us, but this craven and stupid government's appalling handling of Defence matters will hinder us.

Maybe, we shall stand alone - who knows: a man with the 'balls' of either Churchill or Thatcher may emerge and decide that the Trafalgar class and the one and only Astute could persuade the enemy - loosely to be described as 'Europe' (it was ever thus) - to desist from invasion or see Berlin really melted!

I loved my time in Germany and I liked and respected all the Germans I met and lived amongst. BUT: Germany, doubled in size, industrially powerful and with the European Soviet Union's financial problems as an excuse, AND a former Marxist Chancellor in control, I think Germany is a problem waiting to be given the 'Corporal Jones Treatment' AGAIN!

I cannot wait until the usual twerps question my sanity simply because of my way of writing how I see things.

Come on Cameron you craven asshole - reduce the Army some more in order to facilitate the absorption of our nation into a European super state!

I worked to get the twat Cameron elected - I admit that I must be loopy!! Quote me! What a smarmy, dishonest git and shit he is!

• Like Like x 1
  3. I fully agree.

The euro mess explained...

Some years ago a small rural town in Italy twinned with a similar town in Greece. The mayor of the Greek town visited the Italian town. When he saw the palatial mansion belonging to the Italian mayor he wondered how he could afford such a house.

The Italian said; "You see that bridge over there? The EU gave us a grant to build a two-lane bridge, but by building a single lane bridge with traffic lights at either end, this house could be built".

The following year the Italian visited the Greek town. He was simply amazed at the Greek mayor's house, gold taps, marble floors; it was marvellous. When he asked how this could be afforded the Greek said; "You see that bridge over there?"

The Italian replied; "No?"

• Like Like x 2
  4. So do I.

5. I said I liked this but I don't if you see what I mean.

6. Perhaps if we can destroy the Channel Tunnel it will.

7. We can't use it to invade if we destroy the tunnel.