New issue sleeping bags

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by brettarider, Mar 22, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. brettarider

brettarider On ROPs

Just noticed that we now have new sleeping bags made by Carinthia. So are they any good? One of the lads in the unit reckon they are pump compared to the old ones. So how do they compare to my softie kestral and why were the old ones swapped out?

2. A few of our lads used them in Brecon a few weeks ago. The general consensus was that they were ******* gash. Thankfully I had my USMC one, so I was toasty.:)

3. brettarider

brettarider On ROPs

They don't look any smaller than previous issued one's either guess I'll just stick with my softie.

4. As per SOP in my unit only the REMFs in the QMs and the CO has one so far!

5. If the new ones are an improvement then it'll give me a good excuse to get my current one laundered ;-)

6. brettarider

brettarider On ROPs

Take it they haven't been issued to all units yet and are still filtering through the system? Website for supplier below
    Carinthia

7. Replacing the old "bouncing bomb"?

8. brettarider

brettarider On ROPs

9. brettarider

brettarider On ROPs

I don't know what type it is haven't opened one out only going by the label on the compression sack.

10. Article in the latest Combat and Survival showing new black bag kit for H16.Snugpak jungle bag now on issue.What happened to the old type jungle bag?No good?