New Israeli uniform

The look to me suugests that he has lecherous designs on the lady on his right, for a bit of rumpy pumpy after work
Rumpy Pumpy??

I think she would use him as a convenient sex toy and then throw him in a corner.

On to more serious matters: @loofkar do you have any links for those boots that you lot wear?

Because most Combat uniforms world wide use 2 buttons on the cargo pockets
Then they've been designed by people who've had the wrong instructions on cost vs security vs fast access. If you seriously need to get at the contents of any container very quickly, you need the simplest way of doing so; extra buttons (for security) will get ripped off in the moment. Zips are very secure but slow to open in many circumstances; press studs insecure but easy to open. A median ground is buttons (and the cheap option). I tended toward big press studs, and two of them per container when I was keen on this sort of thing.

Wonder how the orthodox blokes cope with a pretty girl sharing the sentry box.
Do the barracks have a mikveh ?
( Ritual bath for purification, eg after bodily emissions )
Aren't the right wing orthodox nutcases excused military service on religous grounds, and then when they build illegal settlements in the West bank and stir up the Palestinians, expect the pretty chick and her mates to protect them.

Then they've been designed by people who've had the wrong instructions on cost vs security vs fast access. If you seriously need to get at the contents of any container very quickly, you need the simplest way of doing so; extra buttons (for security) will get ripped off in the moment. Zips are very secure but slow to open in many circumstances; press studs insecure but easy to open. A median ground is buttons (and the cheap option). I tended toward big press studs, and two of them per container when I was keen on this sort of thing.
If you seriously need such fast access to a cargo pockets contents should not that content be in a pouch on your webbing?

My 27 years told me not to put such critical content in a pocket

I was wondering why some are wearing brown boots and some black. Do the IDF follow the British model where Army Dress Regulations are regarded as a spot of light reading.
IIRC, its the unit that designates which color boot

On to more serious matters: @loofkar do you have any links for those boots that you lot wear?
One of the US companies that is a major supplier of boots for the IDF is Belleville. Another is Bates. I looked through their sites but couldn't find the precise model. As far as the appearance of the structure (not colour or finish of the leather) goes - these look like a match: Belleville Boot

AFAIK all the gen IDF boots are stamped with the Hebrew letter "צ"

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
If you seriously need such fast access to a cargo pockets contents should not that content be in a pouch on your webbing?

My 27 years told me not to put such critical content in a pocket
My mapreading skills were such that I needed fast access all the time. I'd have ended up in Belgium when aiming for the IGB, and eaten jellybabies when I needed Mars bars otherwise.

ABNredleg

Old-Salt
I was wondering why some are wearing brown boots and some black. Do the IDF follow the British model where Army Dress Regulations are regarded as a spot of light reading.
Historically the Paratrooper Brigade wore brown (they call it red) and it spread to SF and the Nahal and Kfir brigades. According to the IDF brown was chosen because British paras wore that color.

They are probably a cadre on a training course, made up of people from various units.
Brown jump boots in the IDF (with crepe soles) were originally exclusively for airborne units.
The crepe soles, which could get dangerously slippery, were done away with in the late '60s.

In recent years brown boots were adopted for certain non-airborne units, special forces and the Kfir and Nahal infantry brigades.

For those interested in IDF uniforms, this resource in English may be of interest:

Last edited:
In the reserves we noticed that just putting on our uniforms and leaving daily life for our units made us start feeling randy, hungry and sleepy.
AFAIK there are no women in the unit of the ultra orthodox religious.

In the reserves we noticed that just putting on our uniforms and leaving daily life for our units made us start feeling randy, hungry and sleepy.
AFAIK there are no women in the unit of the ultra orthodox religious.
It could cure them, make them normal Israelis.

One of the US companies that is a major supplier of boots for the IDF is Belleville. Another is Bates. I looked through their sites but couldn't find the precise model. As far as the appearance of the structure (not colour or finish of the leather) goes - these look like a match: Belleville Boot

AFAIK all the gen IDF boots are stamped with the Hebrew letter "צ"
I'm surprised that the boots are not locally produced, presumably cost is a factor.

I'm surprised that the boots are not locally produced, presumably cost is a factor.
They were locally produced, by a number of companies. Throughout my 3+20 years service I found the locally made ones very good, particularly of one company, whose boots were noticeably lighter but very hard wearing. As airborne/infantry your boots are your life - they really were good but of simple construction - no "orthopedic" or "anatomic" construction. As military boots started becoming more complex in construction, it became cheaper to buy them from the US.
This article gives a pretty good overview of the story. I was never issued boots made by Brill but on a visit yonks ago my father bought a pair of their shoes and found them excellent.

My son entered the infantry after the switch to US made boots and found the US made boots very good.

They were locally produced, by a number of companies. Throughout my 3+20 years service I found the locally made ones very good, particularly of one company, whose boots were noticeably lighter but very hard wearing. As airborne/infantry your boots are your life - they really were good but of simple construction - no "orthopedic" or "anatomic" construction. As military boots started becoming more complex in construction, it became cheaper to buy them from the US.
This article gives a pretty good overview of the story. I was never issued boots made by Brill but on a visit yonks ago my father bought a pair of their shoes and found them excellent.

My son entered the infantry after the switch to US made boots and found the US made boots very good.
The title of that link is truly groan worthy. The sort of thing that I would expect from the Daily Mirror et al.

From said link:
Price is a perennial issue. The Defense Ministry can purchase US-made boots from manufacturers in Michigan or Illinois for roughly $70 a pair, using a small fraction of the annual US aid dollars, which must be spent in the US.

Explains a lot.

Historically the Paratrooper Brigade wore brown (they call it red) and it spread to SF and the Nahal and Kfir brigades. According to the IDF brown was chosen because British paras wore that color.
British Airborne units wore black boots, although some officers may have worn brown. I think the British Army switched from brown boots to black in 1920. And back to brown 90 years later.

I hope that they are all kosher. Mind you I doubt that any of them would match up to DMS boots and puttees.

Last edited:

Latest Threads