New Israeli uniform

some more pics I found of the uniform that was tested.
To say that I don't like the look of it would be an understatement.
Why 2 buttons on the trouser cargo pocket......
bet-3.jpg
bet-5.jpg
bet-7.jpg
bet-8.jpg
bet-9.jpg
bet-12.jpg
bet-14.jpg

Attachments

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
The look from the dwarf second from left suggests total approval.

To give the DS something to beast the lazy cow for not even bothering with one.

Or more seriously to allow itens to be inserted/withdrawn from the pocket while still having a fair degree of contents security.
It's not an uncommon design.

To give the DS something to beast the lazy cow for not even bothering with one.

Or more seriously to allow itens to be inserted/withdrawn from the pocket while still having a fair degree of contents security.
It's not an uncommon design.
The current single button cargo pocket has always worked well and is simpler and quicker.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
View attachment 452167View attachment 452169View attachment 452170View attachment 452171View attachment 452172View attachment 452173View attachment 452174
Somebody in your MoD obviously thinks it's a good idea, for whatever reason. Residents/inhabitants whatever of our MoD in London refer to it as the puzzle palace because nobody understands what goes on there. Could it be that Israel is afflicted with a similar problem?
Like the first photo, the wearer of the uniform.
Last photo is amusing, point weapon at enemy, usually a good idea.

Somebody in your MoD obviously thinks it's a good idea, for whatever reason. Residents/inhabitants whatever of our MoD in London refer to it as the puzzle palace because nobody understands what goes on there. Could it be that Israel is afflicted with a similar problem?
Like the first photo, the wearer of the uniform.
Last photo is amusing, point weapon at enemy, usually a good idea.
To be fair they are/were only trials.

It says "direction of fire" - no mention of the enemy, perhaps in case the firer just wants to frag his CO

Last edited:

It says "direction of fire" - no mention of the enemy, perhaps incase the firer just wants to frag his CO
Excuse my lack of Hebrew knowledge, it is however not unreasonable to assume that whoever is on the receiving end is not your best mate. Fragging COs? No need, if push comes to shove, get the unpopular rodney to lead from the front, let the enemy do the work.
As this is a trial what do the troops make of it?

They'll never win a war without tucking their shirts in.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Call me a stupid civvy, but doesn't it also provide a bit of extra security against button loss/failure
Not so much a problem these days as many nations use slotted buttons with tape through to hold them in place.
The Canadians were the first to use them I think, with the Tanzanian SF hot on their heels.

MoleBath

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer

It says "direction of fire" - no mention of the enemy, perhaps in case the firer just wants to frag his CO
if only King harolds' longbowman had had such a warning painted on his bow !

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Why were the Tanzanian SF hot on the heels of the Canadians. Did they have some hot women in their ranks?
Check out the thread, it's called Slappers in Uniform or similar.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
The look to me suugests that he has lecherous designs on the lady on his right, for a bit of rumpy pumpy after work
Whooosh !

The look to me suugests that he has lecherous designs on the lady on his right, for a bit of rumpy pumpy when they're on stag together in that isolated guard post tonight
Corrected for you (based on 1st hand accounts from guys and gals that served in mixed battalions)

Corrected for you (based on 1st hand accounts from guys and gals that served in mixed battalions)
Wonder how the orthodox blokes cope with a pretty girl sharing the sentry box.
Do the barracks have a mikveh ?
( Ritual bath for purification, eg after bodily emissions )

Latest Threads