New Invention!!!

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by jockaneese, Aug 15, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all,
    I've come up with a great invention that could save lives out in not very nice places.
    Does anyone have any contact details that could help me get this invention to where it counts?
    I thought the green could help...
    Cheers chaps.
  2. Depends entirely on what it is.
  3. follow links to Dragons Den 8) , What is your invention by the way? :idea:
  4. I'll not give any details away but it is a way of ensuring individual patrols have the best survailance on the ground, at the same time eliminating friendly fire instances.
    costing very little and so simple even a grunt could use it.
    wooo got you interested....

as for dragons den, if i want a sarcastic cnut wanting some crap sauce i'll pop over.
    this is something i want action'd asap.
  5. Did you design it in the school holidays ?
  6. I seriously doubt that.

However, if you pass on the information I can see it gets to the relevant people
  7. A TV crew following every soldier?

A Human rights legal team at every PL HQ?

8. PM HE117 and Kitmonster with an outline of what you have in mind.

PM me for general advice, I don't require any details.
  9. Arrange a free 45 minute consultaion with a patent solicitor or two to get you on your way. They're in the Yellow Pages etc.
  10. Thanks
  11. There are 2 effectively routes: sell/licence your idea to a company who're able to exploit it, or do it yourself.

Whichever way you go, make sure that you have some form of Intellectual Property protection and Non Disclosure Agreement (otherwise somebody could take your idea, make lots of £££ out of it, and you don't even get any recognition for it). (Sounds like you're already cued into this.)

If you've genuinely got something you think is useful, then the Centre for Defence Enterprise is probably your best bet - details at

12. It's not lumi-vests is it?
  13. If you really have had a "Eureka" moment, patent it everywhere first, then look at developing it.

Without a patent you will be a free designer for people that run companes that will eat your heart and steal your idea. Like me, because being a capatilist pig that's exactly what I would do in a heartbeat.

Then follow Ex Stabs advice.
  14. A stout 24" long Kevlar reinforced pipe to protect most of my wedding tackle?
  15. aaaaaand sleep! ;)