New Instant Messenger....

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by chocolate_frog, Nov 10, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Evening all.

Having a dilema.

Windows MSN IM is forcing me to upgrade (it wont let me sign on) but when it starts upgrading it gets 17% of the way and then stops....

This AFTER telling me to turn off the software that controls my internet link (if i turn this off, i lose internet), .and other software including the fcuking install programme!!!! (again turn this off and the install stops)

I found a place to download the 2009 version, at www.messenger-uk.com.

But is it kosher? Any other sites that I might use?

CNET doesn't seem to have it either.

2. MSN used to mess my PC up all the time, so I moved to skype, its much better than MSN, and doesnt have any upgrade problems at all.

3. Official download site is HERE

Try turning off windows firewall, yes i know it sounds stupid, but windows firewall is a pile of shite that blocks its own install's sometimes.

Hope that helps

4. Never heard of it.

If you want to log on now try ebuddy. I use it from time to time when I'm on a MSN free PC.

5. Good comment, I had to do just that the other night after suggestion from an interwebnet ninja of a friend. Told me I needed to upgrade, and I couldn't complete it until I had switched off my firewall.

Another option to messenger is using googlemail, too. I keep that as a back up. Both parties need a google mail account, obviously, but the instant messenger works virtually identically to MSNs offering- Thats my opinion, anyway!

6. msr

msr LE

7. It was the firewall.....

Cheers for the help.