New Instant Messenger....

Evening all.

Having a dilema.

Windows MSN IM is forcing me to upgrade (it wont let me sign on) but when it starts upgrading it gets 17% of the way and then stops....

This AFTER telling me to turn off the software that controls my internet link (if i turn this off, i lose internet), .and other software including the fcuking install programme!!!! (again turn this off and the install stops)

I found a place to download the 2009 version, at www.messenger-uk.com.

But is it kosher? Any other sites that I might use?

CNET doesn't seem to have it either.

MSN used to mess my PC up all the time, so I moved to skype, its much better than MSN, and doesnt have any upgrade problems at all.

Official download site is HERE

Try turning off windows firewall, yes i know it sounds stupid, but windows firewall is a pile of shite that blocks its own install's sometimes.

Hope that helps

Fubes said:
Official download site is HERE

Try turning off windows firewall, yes i know it sounds stupid, but windows firewall is a pile of shite that blocks its own install's sometimes.

Hope that helps
Good comment, I had to do just that the other night after suggestion from an interwebnet ninja of a friend. Told me I needed to upgrade, and I couldn't complete it until I had switched off my firewall.

Another option to messenger is using googlemail, too. I keep that as a back up. Both parties need a google mail account, obviously, but the instant messenger works virtually identically to MSNs offering- Thats my opinion, anyway!