New Initiative - Operation- 'Warriors Return'

Discussion in 'Charities and Welfare' started by Meurphi, Jul 27, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Operation 'Warriors Return'

Guys

Very much an AARSE Virgin.... so be gentle with me.
    I'm curently working on a project to help disabled ex-serviceman and I could really use your combined knowledge and experience to do it properly.

I'm a TA Soldier, son of an amputee, an engineer and experienced in delivering large fundraising/ charitable projects (anyone remember 6 Maasai warriors running in the London Marathon 2008 - that was one of mine)

I have a plan that involves the construction of an 'outdoor gym' in an area of private woodland. The apparatus is constructed from natural / reclaimed materials & designed specifically to aid the rehabilitation of injured/limbless soldiers (inc. sailors & airman of course)

The aim is to involve these guys from the outset, for them to be involved & consulted in the design, to take an active part in its construction, to use the finish product as part of their physical rehabilitaion and to then instruct others how to use it and to organise 'boot camp' type fitness sessions for youth groups, special needs & local fatties.

Working along side them will be a contingent of 'dissafected youth', the idea being that our guys will make excellent role models, mentors and educate these kids about teamwork, mutual respect etc.

I am also looking at other potential employment options for these guys and hope to have some good news early next week.

DOES ANYBODY KNOW OF ANY INJURED LADS AROUND CAMBRIDGE AREA WHO WOULD WANT TO HELP PUT THIS THING TOGETHER?

(I'm contacting BLESMA but would be good to get hold of someone direct)

More info at www.woodsideruralcare.org.uk/warrior-return
    and Facebook

All constructive thoughts & comments welcomed
    Cheers