New Infantry Weapon

Discussion in 'Infantry' started by TheSpecialOne, Apr 6, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. As shown on the MoD website, what is the weapon hanging down the side of the standing soldier?

Attached Files:

2. Looks a little like the bennelli shotgun, must be an officer, who-else would go equipped for clay shooting.
  3. I think it's an M4. New CQB weapon, part of a UOR for Herrick.
  4. Excellent everything in desert cam, so what the fruck is going on with the boots?

5. Wahey, it's the Firepower Demo in Warminster from four days ago! (Or, at least it looks like the same guy)

It's a Benelli M4 shotgun, capable of both pump-action and auto operation, according to the announcer it was introduced very recently.

The chap standing is (I think) the section commander of 8 guys from 3 Mercian demonstrating what your average rifle section looks like. I was surprised to see Osprey body armour in Britain - I thought it stayed in-theatre? - as I was also surprised to see him trying to balance his rifle upright when holding up the shotgun and it falling about in the process to much merriment.
  6. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

You can get that on your firearms ticket for around £500 - or the M3 you can. Loverly bit of kit that is - I imagine the M4 is even better!
  7. Infantry Firepower demo at the school of fools I guess.
  8. Many a truth said in jest!

9. It is SPTA and a bit wetter than your average desert - the lads are from the Demo battalion at Warminster
  10. On the subject of a new IW, I heard a rumour that the current system is on its way out in 2012 to be replaced by HK G36...have I been wah-ed?
  11. WTF is the guy in the back ground doing with that that string ??? 8O
  12. wahed; we bought a load of g36's for CO19 (police) which is where the roumor comes from.
  13. I had thought that the A2 was staying for a while. Feck.
  14. daywalker

daywalker LE Reviewer

I really hope we can have the A2 for many more years to come.... :crying: