New infantry titles confirmed

Discussion in 'Infantry' started by London_Jock, Nov 24, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Am I right in thinking that the new Battalions will get new cap badges too? Or do the seperate battalions keep their cap badges??

2. New Badges for all I think, we've seen the LANCS and SCOTS already.

3. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

I have yet to see in print that the precedent of Regiments will not change with the disbanding and amalgamation of Regiments. My particular interest being the disbanding and merging or The Royal Scots with the Kings Own Scottish Borderers to for 1 SCOTS.

The table given on the MoD website follows the traditional precendent line - can someone confirm that this is so and 1 SCOTS will still be the 'Right of Line' (In the context of infantry, non-Household Brigade, Regiments).

4. The Duke of Lancaster's Regiment. "The Dukes" Of hazzard hopefully!

Excellent Smithers!

5. Who is /was the Duke of Lancaster?

6. The Duke of Lancaster is the Monarch. whether a King or Queen. HM Queen Elizabeth II is the current Duke of Lancaster.

7. Well that sort of clears that up then.

I raise my glass and say "Cheers to all our futures". :? 8O :( :roll: :wink: :roll:

8. Can't wait to be a YORKS. Nice. Maybe I can get a Yorkie bar- oh wait, they're not for girls! :roll:

9. Forward the Rifles....

10. It would be the final insult to The Royals to do anything else ! Methinks I might accidentally refer to the Bn as 1 ROYAL SCOTS from here on in.

Up the Royals

11. It would be the final insult to The Royals to do anything else ! Methinks I might accidentally refer to the Bn as 1 ROYAL SCOTS from here on in.

Bet they become known as 'Borderers'!

"Border Lads and wild are we and ill tae keep in order...."

12. If nothing special is done, the Right of the Line is inherited by the entire SCOTS.

13. That is probably about the worst name they could have come up with, Imagine if they merged a few armoured regiments and rebranded them "The Tanks", I would of thought given the geography of the said former regiments something like "The Royal Wessex Rifles" would of been a bit more imaginative! Whats the capbadge going to be?

[​IMG]