New in barracks Dress code out with 95

Id go for the turtle neck variety with large diamonds across the chest.
Available in colours to match the issue hi-tecs :D

I think it's a good idea. When we wore lightweights around camp in the 90's there were never problems distinguishing between different ranks, or distinguishing between those about to deploy. Not that it necessarily matters too much, it just paints a clearer picture. We don't need to be camouflaged in our day to day jobs. A shame also that we can't revert to the old 'shoulders for officers', forearms for warrant officers and upper arms for OR's' rank badge displaying. This new rank slide system on the chest could be kept for the field. As for the jumper types, as long as they don't order the ones with the f*cking pocket on the upper left arm, I'm happy.

skintboymike said:
I think it's a good idea. When we wore lightweights around camp in the 90's there were never problems distinguishing between different ranks, or distinguishing between those about to deploy. Not that it necessarily matters too much, it just paints a clearer picture. We don't need to be camouflaged in our day to day jobs. A shame also that we can't revert to the old 'shoulders for officers', forearms for warrant officers and upper arms for OR's' rank badge displaying. This new rank slide system on the chest could be kept for the field. As for the jumper types, as long as they don't order the ones with the f*cking pocket on the upper left arm, I'm happy.
They do look pants.
Origonal wooly pully all the way, or its correct name. Jersey Heavy wool.

I think its just rumour control at it again.
But you never know.
I mean they said that a load of regiments were up for the chop but............... oh hang on 8O

BBear

LE
Kit Reviewer
I saw a Sherwoods officer at my rcb who wore a combat 95 jacket with two rank slides sewn onto the shoulders of the jacket. Looked fairly old school and smart.

Ahhh Barrack Dress....

Uniform, Officers, Nothing To Do

All infantry officers should have muddy boots by morning coffee, as for the rest of you, mince round in plastic trousers and M&S jumpers if you wish.....

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!

skintboymike said:
you guys are still on about this lightweights in camp thing eh?
wait till you see the camo pattern on the new PECOC kit then!
:)

lightweights were smart as fcuk. easy to tell who had done their kit and who hadnt.
barrack trousers had to be the worst bit of kit since shirts kf

I wear barrack dress to distinguish myself from the fat arrsed loggy chicks who wear combats and also so the recruits can see I'm different from the nasty men who shout at them all the time. My bum looks better in barracks too. Apparently.

booboo said:
I wear barrack dress to distinguish myself from the fat arrsed loggy chicks who wear combats and also so the recruits can see I'm different from the nasty men who shout at them all the time. My bum looks better in barracks too. Apparently.
Not a fat arsed loggy chick, not nasty, nice arse. Very modest too.

remf

Old-Salt
booboo said:
any pictures :)

untallguy

Old-Salt
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
BBear said:
I saw a Sherwoods officer at my rcb who wore a combat 95 jacket with two rank slides sewn onto the shoulders of the jacket. Looked fairly old school and smart.
I'm told that this stems from when C95 first came out and the Woofers' CO at the time didn't like the rank on chest thing for his officers - hey, presto - all his officers were told to wear their rank on their shoulders.

All officers in the Bncan now be spotted a fair distance away and avoided/approached as necessary.