New Ice Age

So what happened to earth warming up and all the polar caps melting? all this tax governments are making for greenhouse effects etc?
mind you I'm still waiting for my pc and central heating to go into nuclear cascade since the millennium.

How much money has been spent for us to now freeze?

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
We're Doomed! Doomed I tell ye!!!!!!!!!!

Fear not, they changed the name from Global Warming to Climate Change to cover just such an eventuality

Sounds suspiciously like the half arsed theories of the 1970's doesn't it?
Actually, they changed it to Anthropomorphic Global Warming (just to make sure that man gets the blame). The fact that over 31,000 "experts" rejected this in 2008 (the fact that man causes most of it) gets to be a bit ignored.
And what goes round comes round, I suppose. When I was a kid the warnings were always of a new ice age rather than being able to grow grapes in Inverness (probably to keep the taste that Buckfast loses when it has to travel that far). Glad I didn't throw away all those woolly fleeces.

I'm grateful that my energy supplier has put my fuel up by 19% so now I'll die cold and broke.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
Hotter, colder, just as long as Zac Goldsmith gets strung up from a windmill.

All the trees that have been planted to offset global warming will come in handy now then!!!

Well I suppose if the temperature here drops by ten C or so, it will be quite nice in these parts. Thinking about it, there's a lot to be said for it cos there's plenty of gash to snuggle up to locally. Which reminds me, sounds like she's finished in the shower. Night, night.

HA really? Suggest you look into the past 2 ski seasons up here some of the best snow in Europe and enough English punters cancelling the euro ski holiday and heading up here cant be that bad can it!

P

pp0470

Well I suppose if the temperature here drops by ten C or so, it will be quite nice in these parts. Thinking about it, there's a lot to be said for it cos there's plenty of gash to snuggle up to locally. Which reminds me, sounds like she's finished in the shower. Night, night.
10 degrees colder ok, plenty of local gash + estimated time difference = your published location is not accurate

I think your in Babylon. Probably within 5km of soi 6... ?

TheIronDuke

ADC
Book Reviewer
Does this mean Scotland might actually become a half decent Skiing destination?
Don't push it.

Some years ago I was well****ed up and in a bad place. Those that helped me out of the shit were my mates and, astonishingly, their wives and kids. I shall never forget each and every one of them. Penguins and whales? Nah. You walk your side of the ice floe and I'll walk mine. Furry ****ing freaks.

B_AND_T

MIA
Book Reviewer
Don't push it.

Some years ago I was well****ed up and in a bad place. Those that helped me out of the shit were my mates and, astonishingly, their wives and kids. I shall never forget each and every one of them. Penguins and whales? Nah. You walk your side of the ice floe and I'll walk mine. Furry ****ing freaks.
What the **** have I ever done to you?

Bit early ain't it? You not having your dinner first?

Win win for the government and energy suppliers. If it gets hot we pay through the nose to use the aircon. when it gets cold our heating bills are going to be enormous.

Stand by for a super-tax on fur coats and thermal underwear!

I blame it on gangs of predatory Asian Muslims.