New Ice Age

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by cpunk, Jun 15, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. cpunk

cpunk LE Moderator

2. So what happened to earth warming up and all the polar caps melting? all this tax governments are making for greenhouse effects etc?
    mind you I'm still waiting for my pc and central heating to go into nuclear cascade since the millennium.

How much money has been spent for us to now freeze?

3. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

We're Doomed! Doomed I tell ye!!!!!!!!!!

4. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

I'm not! I'm a penguin.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Actually, they changed it to Anthropomorphic Global Warming (just to make sure that man gets the blame). The fact that over 31,000 "experts" rejected this in 2008 (the fact that man causes most of it) gets to be a bit ignored.
    And what goes round comes round, I suppose. When I was a kid the warnings were always of a new ice age rather than being able to grow grapes in Inverness (probably to keep the taste that Buckfast loses when it has to travel that far). Glad I didn't throw away all those woolly fleeces.

6. I'm grateful that my energy supplier has put my fuel up by 19% so now I'll die cold and broke.

7. FORMER_FYRDMAN

FORMER_FYRDMAN LE Book Reviewer

Hotter, colder, just as long as Zac Goldsmith gets strung up from a windmill.

• Like Like x 1
  8. HHH

HHH LE

All the trees that have been planted to offset global warming will come in handy now then!!!

9. Well I suppose if the temperature here drops by ten C or so, it will be quite nice in these parts. Thinking about it, there's a lot to be said for it cos there's plenty of gash to snuggle up to locally. Which reminds me, sounds like she's finished in the shower. Night, night.

10. I don't believe it! The failed oaf Brown said we had 'global warming' and like so many, I believed every word the dreadful man uttered.

11. terroratthepicnic

terroratthepicnic LE Reviewer Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Runners

Does this mean Scotland might actually become a half decent Skiing destination?

12. Even with 20 foot of fresh snow every year,that would never happen.

13. brettarider

brettarider On ROPs

HA really? Suggest you look into the past 2 ski seasons up here some of the best snow in Europe and enough English punters cancelling the euro ski holiday and heading up here cant be that bad can it!

14. 10 degrees colder ok, plenty of local gash + estimated time difference = your published location is not accurate

I think your in Babylon. Probably within 5km of soi 6... ?