New Hovis bread advert (makes you proud to be british!!)

A good history of Britain through the medium of unsliced brown bread.

PS. They´re not hooligans, they are miners (as coal miners not children) just about to be smited by the Iron Lady.

Warby's still tastes nicer though!!!

R

rogermellie

merchantman said:
That bread must be pretty fcuking stale by the time he got it home
Fook me hadn,t thought of that !! :p
Top advert that , best i have seen in ages

Nehustan

On ROPS
On ROPs
If you look closely at the young lad, you'll notice that when he marches next to the troops...he goosesteps...

(around 0:30)

thefootman said:
www.hovisbakery.co.uk/our-ads/

I was there when they filmed the advert in Liverpool. Not sure which re-enactment group it was for the WW1 soldiers but they did a good job!!!

Makes me want to put on my union jack boxers!
I was walting it up on that ad. They dragged the re-enactors from all round the country, I think it was 120 re-enactors and 40 random scallies that they poured into uniform.

Biggest suprise for me was this Luvvies Darling buisness - They REALLY do talk like that. 8O

Chimpchoker said:
thefootman said:
www.hovisbakery.co.uk/our-ads/

I was there when they filmed the advert in Liverpool. Not sure which re-enactment group it was for the WW1 soldiers but they did a good job!!!

Makes me want to put on my union jack boxers!
I was walting it up on that ad. They dragged the re-enactors from all round the country, I think it was 120 re-enactors and 40 random scallies that they poured into uniform.

Biggest suprise for me was this Luvvies Darling buisness - They REALLY do talk like that. 8O

yeah i know I was one of the Luvvies for the austrailian bloke. You can only make out my shoulder when the kid runs through the women protesters

OP Could almost be set to the tune "Children" by robert miles :)

Not quite Werthers Origninal though.

Any one else get a little wet eyed watching that or is it just me
Great Britain in all its glory

Nehustan

On ROPS
On ROPs
Random_Task said:
Nehustan said:
If you look closely at the young lad, you'll notice that when he marches next to the troops...he goosesteps...

By the looks of it,they filmed in Liverpool?
Yep, probably up by Catherine Street in L8; they also used to use the location to film Sherlock Holmes because of the cobble streets.

(edited to add, it looks like he dashes down St. Bride Street where I used to live!!!)

Dashing_Chap said:
For the sentimentalists, (myself included):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOWJECdobqk

~D.C.
About a month ago I was at a local open-air seminar (local area of natural beauty) and as befitting foreigners they played some background music. They played THAT Hovis music. Couldn't concentrate on matters in hand for thinking of wholemeal bread, funny how things get fixed in the brain.

Nehustan said:
Random_Task said:
Nehustan said:

By the looks of it,they filmed in Liverpool?
Yep, probably up by Catherine Street in L8; they also used to use the location to film Sherlock Holmes because of the cobble streets.

(edited to add, it looks like he dashes down St. Bride Street where I used to live!!!)
Filmed in Sweeting Street,off Dale Street - stand by for incoming!