New Hobbies

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by spaz, Apr 30, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Recently I've been considering finding a new hobby. I have a couple of evenings a week free and the odd weekend. I'm really after something that’s easily accessible for beginners and has a bit of a social element involved.

To that end I'm considering becoming a Holocaust Denier, does anyone know of any clubs or events in the south east? Also any information for beginners will be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Spaz.

2. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Holocaust denial is soooo last year! Where have you been love?

This year, random happy slapping is the new black - and you can pick hours to suit you - though evenings and weekends is favourite.

3. Ravers

Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

I used to be a Holocaust Denyer but got dis-illusioned with the whole scene when I realised it was just a drinking club for old men. Like all organisations there are some good blokes and some bad. I am still in contact with a few of the better lads from the Theydon Bois chapter who can put you in touch with your local group.

4. looking for something to do in the evenings....then you can't go wrong with a bit of old fashioned dogging.......stick to what you know.... :wink:

5. old_fat_and_hairy

old_fat_and_hairy LE Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

You could always try the T.A. If there is any left.

Or, become an MP. Not much work, good social life and loads of money.

6. Bah :x

7. Keep fish awake at night, sit down at to your neighbours fish pond and throw stones in each time they float still.

8. You could always try beastiality. I know it's a cliche, but it's so much fun and cheap - you only need a decent pair of wellies filled with sand, an unwilling animal animal and a cliff edge to walk them towards after dropping their hind legs in said sand filled wellies.

Holocaust Denial is actually pretty mainstream these days - so much so it even has its own politically correct label as "Historical revisionism".

How about some old fashioned grave desicration? They call them classics for a reason, it never goes out of fashion.

9. I'm sticking to Extreme Badger Baiting.
    I use badgers as bait when I go fishing.
    They're a bastard to cast out though.

10. I'm liking the suggestions so far guys, well apart from the TA one, lets try and keep it realistic.

11. old_fat_and_hairy

Ok, sorry about tha fanasy of the TA.
    I find vampire hunting is good. You don't need much kit, just some wood and a hammer, then look for typical mean and vicious bloodsuckers. You can usually identify them by their code names 'women' then stalk and kill by driving stake through heart. And it's all legal too.

12. You could always try necrophilia.....at least you won't get any complaints about your performance.

13. old_fat_and_hairy

Or; hide and seek is also good. Just frequent playgrounds, playgroups, that sort of thing. Encourage a child to come and hide, then watch the whole neighbourhood go seek.