New Helmet Liner

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by BBear, Dec 3, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. BBear

BBear LE Reviewer

I've seen the new type of helmet liner, the one with the mesh and extra padding rather than the string and leather pads. My Q won't help, so anyone know anywhere where I could get hold of some? My sections pretty keen on getting their hands on some too.

Any help would be greatly received! Cheers Chaps.

2. Its not a new liner its a whole new helmet and as far as I know its only available on Ops

3. I believe it only comes with the new MK6A helmet, Not 100% sure. You will get issued it on deployment.

4. Do an Op tour. They send you home with a new one and your old issued one. Say thanks as they didn't ask you to sign for it. Then place it on a shelf and never wear it until they start to become common place on ebay,. Flog quick and make maximum profit. Wait for next tour to get issued next one.

Restart process.

5. BBear

BBear LE Reviewer

Ah, okay. Cheers guys, thought it was just a new liner. I'll stick with the bit of cut up roll mat then.

6. There is another alternative; man up and get yourself on ops.

:wink:

7. there is a newer mod for the mark 6 which is a fitted pad which is so much more comfy than the roll mat, the mesh you want as stated is 6A standard, additionally the head cooler available from SOF magazine, well it was there 6 months ago scuse me if its no longer there, does the job very well and if your too hot cools you down and fits with a wee bit of invention the mark 6, its one of those just soak it in water and it puffs up for days at a time things