New hammock

I've just seen this new hammock. Unlike most, it doesn't rely on trees or having suspension points off vehicles.
The company is working on a fly sheet / tarp at present.
It looks a very clever idea

Handy Hammock

I had one of those years ago, and by that I mean I put a tent up whilst shitfaced and the end result looked remarkably similar.

Think I'll hint to SWMBO that one of these would look nice under the tree this year, either that or a couple of bottles of Talisker 54° North. Bugger it, all of the above.

I'd love to see him putting it up/taking it down in a hoollee.

Nice and portable. Not quite as portable as my old mesh one that fit in a pocket, but lighter and simpler than one of those old issue aluminum and canvas cots.

Gide ropes would have to be very securely pegged in. Even then I would feel a bit nervous.

M

Mark The Convict

Would be dependent on soil type, otherwise the spt. pegs would just tear out, like those on the old IPK.

MrBane

LE
Kit Reviewer
Reviews Editor
We've been in touch with the manufacturer. Sample units are on route and we'll get them reviewed and up on here and Reviews Home | Kit Reviews with the full breakdown and the usual in-depth feedback.

Keep your eyes peeled!

If you guys see anything else you're interested in, don't forget to let us know and we'll get it in for a review.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Having used a kakhuisvol of 'micks I wasn't that impressed by the website but am willing to give them a wizz and compare with some of the other types.

M

Mark The Convict

Dig a Stage 1 shellscrape, sling a standard hammock across, secure with a 3-2-1 holdfast at each end - job done.

Still got the green one I nicked from the troop G10 in Belize in the 1986s. Nice and deep, with little aluminium poles to hold the ends apart and a mossie net. Bargain.

No self-respecting truck driver in Thailand would be without one:

Hammock.jpg