New GSM medal clasp award for crew of HMS DARING

Given the small numbers involved this medal could be worth quite a bit to medal collectors, like the GSM issued for the 'Yangtze Incident'. Just wonder when the first will hit e-bay

So a new clasp has been introduced already... for a medal that's hardly been issued yet? That's got to be a first. It does make one wonder WTF was wrong with an Arabian Peninsular clasp?

ugly

LE
The crew did a superb job in very trying circumstances. I am delighted that this has been recognised.
The crew did the job they were paid for and no one died or was fired on. Feck me I deserve a rack full at this rate! A bar for topping up your tan!

I spent most of the '80s under the threat of missile attack. Can I have a 'Home Counties' clasp on a GSM please?

ugly

LE
Given the small numbers involved this medal could be worth quite a bit to medal collectors, like the GSM issued for the 'Yangtze Incident'. Just wonder when the first will hit e-bay
At least the Amethyst was fired on.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
The crew did the job they were paid for and no one died or was fired on. Feck me I deserve a rack full at this rate! A bar for topping up your tan!
Come on, be fair, they would have been locked up in their tin box all the time as they would be scared to lose their iPads to the nasty locals! No chance to top up the rays until they reached the Western Med! :p

Come on, they were sat on a modern navy vessel bristling with state of the art defensive and offensive systems. They had to go to action stations and everything against the Houthi rebels who use remote controlled speedboats and have no Air

ugly

LE
Jim30, this isn't going quite as well as you hoped!

Is that Les Dennis?

The Fleet Commander saw fit to award his Commendation to some woman for organising a pissup:
She "organised two hugely-successful CHF ‘experience’ days which raised significant sums for charities, and delivered the high-profile annual ‘Junglie’ dinner.

Her greatest contribution, however, has been her support of the RN’s Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic organisation, acting “to great effect” as a ‘reverse’ mentor to senior officers, providing ‘council’ on the direction and focus of the Navy’s BAME organisation as well as feedback on the effectiveness of its activities.
"
I'm not sure what that second paragraph means, but thank christ I left HM's service before it became the social studies department of some white-tile university.

Did she forget to facilitate wheelchair access to the bilges or something? That's an MBE right there.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
The Fleet Commander saw fit to award his Commendation to some woman for organising a pissup:
She "organised two hugely-successful CHF ‘experience’ days which raised significant sums for charities, and delivered the high-profile annual ‘Junglie’ dinner.

Her greatest contribution, however, has been her support of the RN’s Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic organisation, acting “to great effect” as a ‘reverse’ mentor to senior officers, providing ‘council’ on the direction and focus of the Navy’s BAME organisation as well as feedback on the effectiveness of its activities."
I'm not sure what that second paragraph means, but thank christ I left HM's service before it became the social studies department of some white-tile university.
Council? Are they now electing groups of people to run HM War Canoes these days?

OTH a junior counselling their seniors - was anyone actually in charge of that particular ship.

And feedback on activities "Yes Boss, that was a great piss-up, let's have another."

Life seems to be somewhat different now in the Andrew than in the days of HMS Troutbridge :rolleyes:

greyfergie

MIA
Book Reviewer

Her greatest contribution, however, has been her support of the RN’s Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic organisation, acting “to great effect” as a ‘reverse’ mentor to senior officers, providing ‘council’ on the direction and focus of the Navy’s BAME organisation as well as feedback on the effectiveness of its activities."
He's boning her....

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
V Juniors 6
EX_STAB Medals 22
M Military History and Militaria 27