Builds New Group build commencing 16th January 2022

NSP

LE
There must be a decent doco on Clark somewhere.
The last one I saw was an episode in a colourised WWII series on Netflix. Not so much about Clark as the drive up Italy - but because he was such a ****-up there was a good part of it that looked at his "contribution." I might have to break out my boxed set of The World at War and see what Sir Larry had to say about him.

Smeggers

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Some further reading may be found here . While being a general account of the Italian campaign, one can pick out the feeling of the author regarding the behaviour of both General M. Clark and Winston Churchill.

One thought. The 75mm-armed Churchill was late arriving in Italy so 6pdr armed tanks were fitted with US 75mm guns as the NA75:-

1640690375125.png

Smeggers

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Have a great New Year Guys & Gals, let's get rat-arsed!

Going through the stash to find stuff that might have been in Italy. I'll have to ask the combined knowledge of the Arsserarty, would these have been there? I'm thinking a muddy slope with an upturned Schwimmwagon at the bottom, with discarded German kit, and these two on the track at the top, would a Dodge Command car have kept convoy company with a piece of mobile arty, and would that particular gun have served in Italy?
ARTY.png

Dodge command car.png

Smeggers

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Going through the stash to find stuff that might have been in Italy. I'll have to ask the combined knowledge of the Arsserarty, would these have been there? I'm thinking a muddy slope with an upturned Schwimmwagon at the bottom, with discarded German kit, and these two on the track at the top, would a Dodge Command car have kept convoy company with a piece of mobile arty, and would that particular gun have served in Italy?
View attachment 630776
View attachment 630777
Sorry old boy, the M12 - 155mm Motor Gun Carriage was not used in the Italian Canpaign. It first saw active service in 1944 during D - Day

Sorry old boy, the M12 - 155mm Motor Gun Carriage was not used in the Italian Canpaign. It first saw active service in 1944 during D - Day
Thanks for saving me from making the biggest modelling anachronism. So it's just the Dodge, better actually, the track above the swimy need not be longer than the length of two small vehicles instead of three. The gun can wait. I've been looking up swimmy pix in Italy, found more in allied hands than in the use of the Gerry.

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
Some huns that might be of use

UK retailers are
and

they do a lot of excellent period civilians too, to give your diorama's a bit of human interest

blimey they're good, I was thinking a pair of jack boots sticking out from under a hastily drawn blanket, may have to think again.

Boxy

GCM
Very nice figures, but why do the casualties have their trousers unbuttoned? I've seen this in photos too.
Maybe because they’re over trousers, not that I know, and a bit too tight?

I thought it might have something to do with giving the stomach room to expand as gas builds up after death ?
no, nobody would bother doing that, it may be that after the bodies are searched for papers, intel, letters home, souvenirs, it's easier to search trouser pockets when they have been loosened. There is little regard for the enemy dead on the battlefield save getting them underground to stop the flies.

Latest Threads