New General Roster GEs

Discussion in 'Sappers' started by WitchfinderGeneral, Jan 31, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Surprised to see its not already up for comment, but this week the first (and maybe last) MPF’s and other general roster LE officers had the opportunity to take up GE appointments.

So, you don’t need to be a Clerk of Works to be a TWO in an STRE or be promoted to a GE appointment.

On the plus side, all the splitters from the general roster can share in the cone head jibes from now on. Also MPF’s might as well become Clerk of Works (Horizontal) as the way forward is the GE way.

Question: When are the DE community opening up their technical appointments to those who couldn’t quite face the challenge of an Engineering Degree, the PET course or becoming Charted.

2. I believe the comment I heard was they will get all the necessary training to enable them to carry out the role of GE.

I take it next years Clk of Wks courses will have some pretty senior blokes on them then.......
    :roll:

3. Are there not already Non CoW's in TWO posts?

4. aye.

5. I know of at least 1 LE main stream officer starting his PQE course in the summer.

I have also noticed a trend in LE's taking up more and more DE appointments, can only be a good thing.
    Question is though, is this due to blueblood DE's not hacking it and binning it at the earliest opportunity or is there just fewer coming in?

6. There's certainly enough officers in the Corps at the moment, I just think the powers that be are realising that LE's can do other stuff other than QM, QM(T) etc. I know as non technical roster LE that the only way you are going to get to Lt Col is as a QM though, which doesn't help.