• Public apology would be enough.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Resign now

• What a very silly poll , posted by someone less than informed

• Total voters
Jimmy_Kranke said:
My question is: With the advent of JPA are there other allowances being claimed by soldiers, that would have been available to me, that I probably did not know about/or would have received short shrift If I had tried to claim them.
Well, what you can claim has changed considerably - (Personal) Incidental Expenses already having been mentioned. And there are the oddities like having to claim hire car fuel receipts as taxi fares ... There are 118 different categories showing on my form - anybody know what the precise differences are without looking up the book (except SPS Sgts or LE Capts)? I don't but luckily we are still not online so there is a friendly clerk who will correct my errors or inform me if I have missed something off.

wrinkles said:
If he wants to save monies he should look at the rediculous requests for hire cars and hotels by the Officer Corps. He could save millions a year. Why travel to conferences when there are VTC suites that could be utilised.
I wonder how much would be saved if Officers took a standard class rail warrant instead of a First, even ACF Officers are entitled to travel by First Class rail! I'm not Officer bashing in anyway but I fail to see why they should travel First Class in the same bloody train as me and I sit in standard next to some drunken hairy arrsed Scotsman with the worlds largest supply of empty cans of Carling. :)

mushroom said:
Majors may be entitled to first class but we have been told not to expect it, whatever the rule book says.
Perhaps that would explain the "drunken hairy arrsed Scotsmen with the worlds largest supply of empty cans of Carling"?

hackle said:
mushroom said:
Majors may be entitled to first class but we have been told not to expect it, whatever the rule book says.
Perhaps that would explain the "drunken hairy arrsed Scotsmen with the worlds largest supply of empty cans of Carling"?
So mushroom gives his rank away :wink: Only joking :lol:

RustyBayonet said:
wrinkles said:
If he wants to save monies he should look at the rediculous requests for hire cars and hotels by the Officer Corps. He could save millions a year. Why travel to conferences when there are VTC suites that could be utilised.
I wonder how much would be saved if Officers took a standard class rail warrant instead of a First, even ACF Officers are entitled to travel by First Class rail! I'm not Officer bashing in anyway but I fail to see why they should travel First Class in the same bloody train as me and I sit in standard next to some drunken hairy arrsed Scotsman with the worlds largest supply of empty cans of Carling. :)
Sorry, why shouldn't field officers be entitled to 1st class tickets?

I travel to the APC several times a year, as do many others, whilst there i do several office calls amongst other routine business...how does a VTC solve this? PS not just the officer Corps who benefit from the luxurious services of the CHBS!!

ugly

LE
To be honest there are few differences between standard and 1st class on modern services that the only visible one is an anti macassar with "1st" written on it, same seats, same stroppy clippies and same crap journeys!
Do the nation a favour and take a seat with the mongs as lets face it even outside you wont afford 1st class on expenses for a few years (if at all nowadays)and the rest of us on business trips take this as an opportunity not to work with you first class business travellers on principle!

Danny_Dravot said:
RustyBayonet said:
wrinkles said:
Sorry, why shouldn't field officers be entitled to 1st class tickets?

I travel to the APC several times a year, as do many others, whilst there i do several office calls amongst other routine business...how does a VTC solve this? PS not just the officer Corps who benefit from the luxurious services of the CHBS!!
Officers couldn't possibly travel second class - there wouldn't be any spare seats on which to place, and subsequently forget, one's laptop.