New Gas hob regs for landlords?

Discussion in 'Finance, Property, Law' started by FARMBOY, Jul 26, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Not the most exiting topic for Friday afternoon but is anyone aware of new Gas Safety rules regarding Gas hobs in rented accomodation? All was well on the last Gas Safe check but I seem to recall reading somewhere that landlords may be required to install the latest spec hobs in order to comply in 2014?

Or am I just imagining things again?
  2. Haven't seen or heard a thing, but the HSE are having a "consultation" until July 31st. There's nothing about it on the usual sites, CAB, HSE for Landlords, or the Residential Landlords Association. HSE runs a free Gas Safety Advice Line offering information on gas safety that is open between 9.00am and 5 .30 pm Monday to Thursday and 9.00am to 5.00pm on Friday (excluding bank holidays). To contact the Gas Safety Advice Line freephone 0800 300 363.
  3. Many thanks Tremaine - I shall give them a call.
  4. Houses, rented or not have no need for hobs with FSD's, but it is not allowed to fit a new hob in a flat or multi- occupation house without one.

If one is already there, it is NCS.... not to current standards, but you cannot be compelled to upgrade.

Rather than cause a lot of upset between customers and suppliers though, from what I,ve seen, most are being fitted with FSD's as standard (FSD_ flame supervision device, if the flame is blown out by a draught the gas is turned off)
  5. And here they do a one day "gas tightness course" get a chitty and off they go.