New Garbage Level Vehicles

There has been a bit of an influx of garbage vehicles into the Aussie market lately:

Haval
Mahindra
Great Wall

then a resurgence of MG and LDV.

How does this garbage even get a foothold, has no one heard “you get what you pay for”.

These overpriced lawnmowers should surely carry a large price penalty for the amount of landfill they will take up making them uneconomical to sell.

I pass at least one or two cheap cnuts cutting about in these underpowered bricks and if a tradie rocked up at my gaff in one he would be gone faster than he arrived, imagine the garbage wiring if they don’t have the decency to buy a quality car.

Cheap foreign garbage made in India and China and other sh1tholes have no business importing their garbage vehicles.

I was a bit confused thinking garbage truck = refuse truck that collects the household garbage / rubbish.

<snip>

Cheap foreign garbage made in India and China and other sh1tholes have no business importing their garbage vehicles.

All new cars and light trucks sold in Australia are foreign, are they not?

As I understand it, no car manufacture plants are in operation now. I think some of the manufacturers have local design offices to tailor their vehicles to the local market, but the vehicles themselves are all imported.

I worked for a short time at a place that imported Indian parts.

One of our pass times was to dismantle components to try and make up working units.

Generally between 20 to 90% components were unusable.

I would never buy any engineering parts made in India.

My Honda CBF 125 was made in Indian, you would have thought Honda would have had a bit of oversight on production. Better that the usual Indian stuff but not up to Honda's standards, hence the bikes now being made elsewhere.

Puts me off KTM's.

As I understand it, no car manufacture plants are in operation now. I think some of the manufacturers have local design offices to tailor their vehicles to the local market, but the vehicles themselves are all imported.

Correct, we don’t have a vehicle manufacturer. Toyota Landcruisers are bulletproof as are many Toyota, imported 4 Series Disco’s, VW, Nissan and even Mazda....but who the fcuk would buy a Mahindra?

There has been a bit of an influx of garbage vehicles into the Aussie market lately:

Haval
Mahindra
Great Wall

then a resurgence of MG and LDV.

How does this garbage even get a foothold, has no one heard “you get what you pay for”.

These overpriced lawnmowers should surely carry a large price penalty for the amount of landfill they will take up making them uneconomical to sell.

I pass at least one or two cheap cnuts cutting about in these underpowered bricks and if a tradie rocked up at my gaff in one he would be gone faster than he arrived, imagine the garbage wiring if they don’t have the decency to buy a quality car.

Have you got the Landwind X7 yet? :)

Weren't Holden a purely Aussie made car maker, and are they still in existence?

No Holden don’t exist any more. They were made in Adelaide and shut down a few years ago, we also had a Ford factory that shut down a couple of years ago, a few sad petrol heads at work bought the last Aussie Ford V8’s for a ridiculous amount. Convinced they will be classics, I hope for their sake they are.

BratMedic

LE
Book Reviewer
I thought all you upside-down fellas swanned bout in these:
1608989930514.png

No Holden don’t exist any more. They were made in Adelaide and shut down a few years ago, we also had a Ford factory that shut down a couple of years ago, a few sad petrol heads at work bought the last Aussie Ford V8’s for a ridiculous amount. Convinced they will be classics, I hope for their sake they are.

In fairness, the Aussie muscle cars would give the American ones a run for their money. I think there was a Holden with something like a 500hp motor that was a Chevy Lumina/Opel Omega clone, but only two doors. I remember seeing one and thinking “want!”.

im not clicking the link, but I will only own Toyota for the next foreseeable buys.
The link is to the Wikipedia page - nothing any more nefarious than that.

The Landwind X7 was a virtually identical Range Rover Evoque rip off that sold for a third of the Evoque price. So much of a rip off that aftermarket badging kits were sold to turn the junk cars into Evoques.

A Landwind X7 rebadged... (Wikipedia image)

5EBBDEEB-F1FC-4029-800E-BEB1EBEB8ED3.jpeg

Seems the car maker is actually ‘Landwind'. It's parent company is 'Jiangling Motors'. (Again taken from the Wikipedia page)

I always think about the copies they may of aircraft (and now cars). It’s fine copying it, but if you have no idea why it is like it is, it’s useless.

For example, “this pillar is double folded steel, that’s expensive, let’s make it from tin foil”.

Cnuts.

If they wait around 30-odd years..they might be quids in if there is still stuff called petrol and they are not dead.
Strange things do happen.
I recall a local Ford Main Dealer discounting the last 3 Capri Brooklands to get shot of them.
1608993257138.png

I had the 280i Ltd at the time, but SWMBO put her foot down.
Now they will get an easy £40k plus in Carcooned Garage Queen nick in posh auctions.
Meantime, I'd wager these last of line Oz Fords will likely be sitting about 50% of Mong Purchase Price.
I'd expect "Bathhurst" Commodores to hold values though.
You can take Holden out of Oz, but you cannot take Holden out a True Blue.

As for why do people buy shitboxes?
Nothing new.....think Lada, Yugos etc and in the 70's Moskvitch. Holy Fook. Dealers in Scotland had to put seat covers on the new seats at the KelvinHall Motorshow as they were so utterly horrid and unstitching themselves.

Last edited:

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I’ve long been of the opinion that all car manufacturers build junk now. Their entire business model is geared up to make you want to lease a new car every 3 years.

Cars aren’t meant to last longer than 3 years. Once the warranty is up, it’ll suffer an expensive failure that’s probably been built into the design. People don’t want to take this risk so a new car is the only option. I’m very much a victim of this, having watched my well maintained 4 year old Merc E class with just over 50,000 on the clock shit itself massively and require 2.5 grands worth of repairs.

I don’t want to be taking this risk moving forward. It’s cheaper and less hassle for me to just get a new car every 3 years and lease or PCP it.

It’s like your phone contract. No one buys a phone thinking “I’ll get 10 years out of this ******.” You get one on an 18 month contract and then upgrade it to the latest model at which point the battery will be shagged anyway.

So as long as these cheap Chinese motors are in warranty for 3 years, I can see a market for them. I wouldn’t expect one to last more than 3 years, but I wouldn’t necessarily care.

All cars are basically fucked after 3 years. Doesn’t matter if they’re 50 grand Mercs or 8 grand Dacias. Just google VW oil pump failure or BMW flutter valve failure if you don’t believe me.

Very cheap and simple things that VW and BMW could rectify but choose not to because there is no benefit to them having cars that last more than 3 years.

Latest Threads