New found respect

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a new found respect for bigger lads that get themselves running and get good times. When I was in the TA I weighed 11.5-12 stone and my PFT's were all around the 8:30 mark.
That was 5 years ago, since then I've started playing rugby and gotten much bigger 13.5-14 stone now I'm applying to join the regs I've started running again and It's a lot harder than I remeber, I certainly cant keep striding like I used to.
I haven't done a 1.5 mile run recently but today I done 2.156 miles in 15:43, which was at around an 11:45 pace for the PFT... ouch!

Any advice?

Killer_Bees said:
I have a new found respect for bigger lads that get themselves running and get good times. When I was in the TA I weighed 11.5-12 stone and my PFT's were all around the 8:30 mark.
That was 5 years ago, since then I've started playing rugby and gotten much bigger 13.5-14 stone now I'm applying to join the regs I've started running again and It's a lot harder than I remeber, I certainly cant keep striding like I used to.
I haven't done a 1.5 mile run recently but today I done 2.156 miles in 15:43, which was at around an 11:45 pace for the PFT... ouch!

Any advice?
Maybe try and lose a bit of weight and keep on running.I think this is the best way to lower your run time.hope this helps :D

Alsacien

MIA
Killer_Bees said:

Any advice?
Pay road tax :?

Alsacien said:
Killer_Bees said:

Any advice?
Do what?

BiscuitsAB

LE
Killer_Bees said:
Alsacien said:
Killer_Bees said:

Any advice?

Do what?
road tax for big units is pretty expensive :p

Alsacien

MIA
Killer_Bees said:
Alsacien said:
Killer_Bees said:

Any advice?
Do what?
For the dam...oh never mind :)

Alsacien said:
Killer_Bees said:
Alsacien said:
Killer_Bees said:

Any advice?
Do what?
For the dam...oh never mind :)
well... thanks for the help :?

Status
Not open for further replies.