New Flags

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by britbeagle, Jan 18, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. With Scottyland desirous of Independence the Union Flag would become redundant, perhaps it is time for national flags to reappear in the UK more suited to present day situations and self evident truths.

England could be a Single Red Lion ( we cant afford 3) Neutered and looking mildly confused on a white background.

Scotland could be a shoulder with a massive chip on it on an Iron Bru coloured background

Ireland could be a Transit Van with Caravan on a Tarmac background

Wales would obviously feature sheep or puff the magic dragon

Northern Ireland a clenched red hand with single upraised digit

Not the best admittedly but I am sure the collective ARRSE can come up with new flags for countries around the world

In your own time etc etc
  2. The Ffrench would obviously have a white flag, but then the eyeties would be left with nothing unless they flew it upside down ;-)
    • Like Like x 1
  3. If Scotland goes, I think we should get rid of Liverpool too. And the Isle of Wight.
  4. we aren't that lucky
  5. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

Can I add Portsmouth to the mix?
    • Like Like x 1
  6. USA - Replace stars with burgers and stripes with bacon

Canada, as USA but with better bacon
  7. Flags are often historical in nature so the Union Jack could continue unchanged or to save the trouble of spunking cash on new flag designs you just change the relevance of the blue ,erm, it's "royal blue" to represent our Royal family? and the "white cross" represents all the angry whites who are cross with the current immigration policy.

If pressed I'd quite like to see Englands St George's flag to be replaced with a jolly roger type set up on a burberry background.
  8. Now now in this day and age we don't say white now do we? It would not be politically correct. No what England needs is something diverse and inclusive of all cultures and creeds that all have equal importance. Something like the rainbow flag that the lovers of glee and soft furnishings have.

Also the lion may have to go. Just in case someone gets offended by the implied vicious nature of it you see. No, I believe a female black sheep and a female pale magnolia sheep holding hands would be more appropriate.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. i kinda like it............ looks cleaner.

Attached Files:

10. Er, don't want to be pedantic, but how many male sheep have you seen Kyle ?
  11. Lots and lots. They are called rams. The females are called ewes. The species are called sheep. I'm a country boy innit. Why? Do you know something I don't? (with regards to sheep I mean)
  12. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

Don't know about Kyle, but I have seen plenty. Not being pedantic, they're called "Rams" and lady sheep are called "Ewes".

Dammit, beaten by a second or so.
  13. I think that there’s nothing wrong with the Welsh Principality flag (remember it’s not a country), I thought it was very nice of them to put a picture of my mother in law on it!
  14. Why do you care you live in America?