New fiver

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Civvy Scum, Apr 27, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

• Like Like x 4
  1. I like the design

People on the bank notes should be A-List historical Figures

Glad to see the back of Elizabeth Fry who was decidedly D-List and put on out of Political correctness

Probably a smart little move in (a very small way) as a lot of those notes will be saved by foreign visitors and never spent

( Rather like the bank in NI that made a quick and easy £50m out of the George Best limited issue)
  2. I like that, let see if we can induce heart attacks in the loony left by putting Thatcher on the tenner, maybe with pithead winding gear in the back ground.
    • Like Like x 24
  3. Or Jimmy Saville.
  4. On a topical note, anyone told Mickey Thomas?
  5. Not a fan of politicians or bankers on bank notes, even great ones!
  6. Or Both...................
    • Like Like x 4
  7. What about famous army officers? Say maybe errrrrr Sir Winston Leonard Spencer-Churchill, KG, OM, CH, TD, DL, FRS, Hon. RA?

Or Nobel prize winning Authors? Say maybe errrrrr Sir Winston Leonard Spencer-Churchill, KG, OM, CH, TD, DL, FRS, Hon. RA

Thats just two off the top of my head, now I'm going to rip the head of it before I go to bed as it helps me sleep.
    • Like Like x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Of course, it would be more realistic to have him saying, "This'll be worth £2.50 in a month's time".
  9. Kind of been done once already; I imagine many of us of a certain vintage on here have one of these lurking somewhere among our meagre life's possessions:

Seems it's been done twice :) Whilst looking for the pic above I saw this, which I wasn't already aware of:

Done 2010. I've not had one in my change as far as I can remember.
  10. No, because that would just lead to the situation where grown men, up and down the land, every time they opened their wallet to get some money out would crack the joke "can you tell what it is yet" while bored teenage shop assistants and pub staff looked at them blankly, with no idea what the fuck we were talking about!
    • Like Like x 2
  11. Bit of a looser when it came to dreaming up schemes involving "soft underbellies"!
  12. How about Sir Winston Leonard Spencer-Churchill PM?
    • Like Like x 1
  13. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

If you mean Gallipoli it was a very good scheme that would almost undoubtably have shortened the Great War. Unfortunately it was fucked up by timidity and incompetents on the part of the Admirals and Generals.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)