New Fitness tests for ADF

Since the sex scandals at ADFA earlier this year I have heard a lot about women moving onto the frontline. Every time this is brought up there is mention of changing the fitness standards in the ADF so that they are based on roles as opposed to gender/age.

I was wondering if anyone would be able to give me a clear idea of what these new fitness tests will include?

I would normally have a look on an Australia specific military forum, however I am in China at the moment and they seemed to have blocked most sites relating to this sort of thing.

Phew...I misread the thread title and thought it was New Fitness Tests for the ACF!

I am trying to get Ginster's pastie out of the carpet now.
Hope you dont plan on getting married dressed as a Japanese admiral or advice on how to dress while watching the kids have a kickabout!

M

Mark The Convict

And what a great read the Army Newspaper is, too! Makes Pravda look like cutting-edge journalism.

Thanks for the link Nige. I've just read it through, its a bit light on any specifics. Any idea what the actual test will involve? Will it be similar to the current Run, Pushups and situps? Or will it be more pack marches and water carries?

And what a great read the Army Newspaper is, too! Makes Pravda look like cutting-edge journalism.
The new aussie mess kit looks bloody awful!

Black coats makes 'em look like waiters in a Spanish knocking shop.

M

Mark The Convict

I'll have you know that passed-over, time-serving Australian Army officers are perfectly capable of writing patronising, evasive 'replies' to that kind of question.

I'll have you know that passed-over, time-serving Australian Army officers are perfectly capable of writing patronising, evasive 'replies' to that kind of question.
Dear Mark

I got a nasty cut on my hand opening a beer in the Honiara Yatch Club.
I also got stuck in the cable car lifts in the King Sol for twenty minutes.

I was very brave on both occasions and did not cry.

Do you think we should establish a medal similar to the US Purple Heart to cover such contingencies?
Yours

Walter the Smurf
Capt, RAEME (V).

G

goatrutar

Dear Mark

I got a nasty cut on my hand opening a beer in the Honiara Yatch Club.
I also got stuck in the cable car lifts in the King Sol for twenty minutes.

I was very brave on both occasions and did not cry.

Do you think we should establish a medal similar to the US Purple Heart to cover such contingencies?
Yours

Walter the Smurf
Capt, RAEME (V).
Good idea. I got a nasty rope burn on my hand from trying to climb the ******* thing. I didn't cry either. My bottom lip did tremble for a bit though. Should I get a mention in dispatches at least?

M

Mark The Convict

Australian defender was better IMO
Better? Better?! It could hardly be worse. Have you tried to read the egomaniacal tripe that that Farrell dullard spews out in the editorial page(s)? **** has a three-word vocabulary; 'I', "Me', 'My', everything else is there to fill in the gaps, of which there are few.

**** thinks he's Neil Davis, Ernest Hemingway and Sean Flynn all rolled into one acronym-obsessed, neo-fascist dungheap of self-propelled conceit. Heard him gobbing off at a party once, desperate to be the centre of attention, and clearly convinced that he's a lantern-jawed Guardian Of The Anzac Tradition because he puts out a stultifyingly dull magazine every three months.

M

Mark The Convict

I had the working parts of an F1 SMG take a chunk out of my hand once.

It left a scar.

I don't like to talk about it.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Army Reserve 6
G Army Reserve 19
Tartan_Terrier US 34