New Fitness Standard Reserves

Hi Guys,

Getting confusing information from my Cm and they say that the new fitness standards went into reserves april 1st is this correct or has it still not come into force yet.

Go on Defence Connect, there is a post about explaining MATT 2.
Essentially for GCC units, talk your PTI about RFTS
For non GCC, its an AFT and the SCR which isn't a test

Hi I am not enlisted yet I am in medical appeal at present. Gathering evidence then going back to selection to complete the fitness tests so I need to no at this stage are the new tests live for reserves

Hi I am not enlisted yet I am in medical appeal at present. Gathering evidence then going back to selection to complete the fitness tests so I need to no at this stage are the new tests live for reserves
Ask the recruiters.

They will know the standards you'll need to achieve.

They are being phased in this year, with some accommodations for the amount of training/assessment time available to reserves. If you have yet to start training, I wouldn't worry about it. Nobody expects you to pass the Physical Employment Standard on day 1 of Phase 1. I seriously doubt you will be expected to even attempt the PES tests at your selection event, there's a new thing called a Soldier Conditioning Review that gauges your physical abilities but doesn't have pass/fail grading.

Then it depends what unit you are looking to join.
AR fitness is being phased in.
For Ground Close Combat (GCC) then there are now Role Fitness Tests.
For non GCC, there is currently the Soldier Conditioning Rreview and the AFT loaded march for now, RFTs coming later.

However these are for trained soldiers, not recruits, so the advice from your recruiter as to what standard you need to meet after your appeal is resolved will be the most relevant.

After having a brief from our PTI last week my understanding is that until the new regime goes live for Reserves in the autumn, the unit/course requiring a 'pass' can choose which standard they want to accept. i.e. they can demand individuals have passed the old AFT/PFA, or that they've completed a Soldier COnditioning Review and/or Role Fitness Test. Confused? You will be.

After having a brief from our PTI last week my understanding is that until the new regime goes live for Reserves in the autumn, the unit/course requiring a 'pass' can choose which standard they want to accept. i.e. they can demand individuals have passed the old AFT/PFA, or that they've completed a Soldier COnditioning Review and/or Role Fitness Test. Confused? You will be.

Thanks, I will check in with my OC then and see what he would prefer to happen though, I know what they probably say and require the old 1.5 miles lol.