New female infanteers - how's it going?

And I've already put up the stats for the old and new tab.
You have had someone from the infantry telling you that he has done the old and the new and the new is easier.
You have acknowledged that the SCR is easier than the PFT.
Why are you clinging to the claim that a couple of piss easy add on activities means the new test is harder (or about the same)?
Because I think the new RFT is harder than 8 miles in 2 hrs with 25kg.

I am perfectly content for you to say it is harder and we may agree to disagree.

What were the fitness standards of the unit you fought in the Falklands war with?

Same as the were for most other Units

I'll just leave this comment here for you - Made on 21 June

RIP Wendy

@javaguzzisti - This is the Wendy that we spoke about previously.

The conversation relating to the above comment occurred between June 2019 and June 2020 - Use the search function and then disappear

Same as the were for most other Units

I'll just leave this comment here for you - Made on 21 June

The conversation relating to the above comment occurred between June 2019 and June 2020 - Use the search function and then disappear
Well, a quick wiki suggests the Norland had paras and commandoes.

Which do not have the same fitness standards as most other units.

Not even each other.

And the guards and Gurkhas had different fitness standards too.

So were your fitness standards the para standards or the commando standards?

Last edited:
In work time, with access to paid gyms and instruction like the military?

Why do I see so many obese military when they have all the TP funded money and time invested in them.

I am nearly 55 and can comfortably run 5km in about 25/26 mins. I can run a plus 10 bleep test and used to regularly win The PSU shield run when we had them. I have the benefit of 24 years of military fitness training invested in me.

If the country chooses to invest close to zero in police fitness, it’s hardly surprising that civvies joining the police will not have a fitness culture. You get what you pay for.

For as long as I see fat squaddies who have £millions and work time invested in them, I can’t see how anyone can expect police with virtually zero investment to be particularly fitness orientated.

I could never pass a PFT with the 30 odd PT running lesson the army gave me a year, I did it in my own time.

Have you been to an army gym recently? Are you under the impression that they are some sort of mega fitness centre?
There are a few decent garrison gyms which are operated by civvies. Most of the regimental gyms are quite basic. St Omer barrack with about 1500 personnel had about 30 work out machines and about a dozen weights.

Alot of soldiers do their own fitness outside (because the majority of fitness in the army is geared around running and tabbing) in their own time.

You see obese military because they are lazy cnuts that the army wont grip.

Because I think the new RFT is harder than 8 miles in 2 hrs with 25kg.

I am perfectly content for you to say it is harder and we may agree to disagree.

Someone else from the infantry has said it easier.

How can walking (and it is a walk at 3 miles an hour) 4km be harder just because you are carrying 40 kgs? You could literally stagger at that pace.

The final 2km (carrying 25kg) is almost the same pace (It is slightly faster) as the old AFT. Although now I come to think about it, its probably the same pace as the start of a CFT because as I remember it, you always went off slightly fast at the start to allow for people to slow down at the end (as opposed to the same pace throughout). How is that harder than continuing for another 11km (or 7k if you deduct the initial test)?

Throwing on a few basic activities at the end doesnt make the test harder.

I could never pass a PFT with the 30 odd PT running lesson the army gave me a year, I did it in my own time.

Have you been to an army gym recently? Are you under the impression that they are some sort of mega fitness centre?
There are a few decent garrison gyms which are operated by civvies. Most of the regimental gyms are quite basic. St Omer barrack with about 1500 personnel had about 30 work out machines and about a dozen weights.

Alot of soldiers do their own fitness outside (because the majority of fitness in the army is geared around running and tabbing) in their own time.

You see obese military because they are lazy cnuts that the army wont grip.

I would happily accept the fitness regime that the military currently have and the time allocated. I regularly train in my own time now and did throughout my army career. I still have a BMI of 24/25.

Unlike most units in the army, The RMP does not run beat ups for arduous courses, because of this I trained myself for AACC and AAPPS without any time or expertise provided.

My only point is, if you want fitter and and stronger cops, it might be worth investing some time and money into it.

I am not asking for downhill skiing, free-fall parachuting or offshore sailing etc, just basic fitness training.

I would happily accept the fitness regime that the military currently have and the time allocated. I regularly train in my own time now and did throughout my army career. I still have a BMI of 24/25.

Unlike most units in the army, The RMP does not run beat ups for arduous courses, because of this I trained myself for AACC and AAPPS without any time or expertise provided.

My only point is, if you want fitter and and stronger cops, it might be worth investing some time and money into it.

I am not asking for downhill skiing, free-fall parachuting or offshore sailing etc, just basic fitness training.

Or the fat cnuts could just go for a run?

The introduction of women into the Inf/GCC/DCC & the whole ethos of getting minorities interested has led to a tire system that undermine the notion of fairness & equality. If you are applying for any professional job then you are expected to meet the standards set. A surgeon, pilot, accountant etc has to pass the same exams/tests set. Why would you have double standards in the selection of potential service men & women based on age & sex when they will ultimately be expected to reach the same fitness standards?
Surly the fair thing to do is go to the lowest common denominator & work up?

Let's imagine there was an announcement from the MoD that men will carry 6 full mags + 100 rounds of link, whereas women will carry 4 mags and no link. There never will be such an announcement because it makes absolutely no sense. Everything in the standards has to be worked backwards from what people will be expected to do on deployment.

Someone else from the infantry has said it easier.

How can walking (and it is a walk at 3 miles an hour) 4km be harder just because you are carrying 40 kgs? You could literally stagger at that pace.

The final 2km (carrying 25kg) is almost the same pace (It is slightly faster) as the old AFT. Although now I come to think about it, its probably the same pace as the start of a CFT because as I remember it, you always went off slightly fast at the start to allow for people to slow down at the end (as opposed to the same pace throughout). How is that harder than continuing for another 11km (or 7k if you deduct the initial test)?

Throwing on a few basic activities at the end doesnt make the test harder.
Personally I think carrying the heavier weight saps more energy than moving slightly quicker, ditto adding activity after the run makes it harder than just an 8 mile steady state tab. I don’t think either of us have the metrics to prove/disprove the calories/muscle mass required for either.

Let's imagine there was an announcement from the MoD that men will carry 6 full mags + 100 rounds of link, whereas women will carry 4 mags and no link. There never will be such an announcement because it makes absolutely no sense. Everything in the standards has to be worked backwards from what people will be expected to do on deployment.
When has that ever stopped the MOD?

Personally I think carrying the heavier weight saps more energy than moving slightly quicker, ditto adding activity after the run makes it harder than just an 8 mile steady state tab. I don’t think either of us have the metrics to prove/disprove the calories/muscle mass required for either.

It probably does but at 3mph, its pretty irrelevant. The last 2Km is the same weight as the old CFT

"Adding activity" makes it sound like they are getting thrashed over an assault course, the tests are fairly basic.

I'll go of what the serving soldiers are telling me. Its easier.

Your **** retentiveness is now starting to bug me.

As I have said often enough - Shit you read beats real life experience every time.

I neither have to justify myself to you or any other belter
It would not bug you if you just answered which unit you fought with in the Falklands War.

It probably does but at 3mph, its pretty irrelevant. The last 2Km is the same weight as the old CFT

"Adding activity" makes it sound like they are getting thrashed over an assault course, the tests are fairly basic.

I'll go of what the serving soldiers are telling me. Its easier.
Are those soldiers infantry and comparing the new GCC RFT to an 8mile AFT?

Are those soldiers infantry and comparing the new GCC RFT to an 8mile AFT?

The RLC dont normally do the new tests although some have dont elements. Having said that i have an RLC friend at Catterick she thinks they are easier.

Those I know in the infantry say its easier.

Or the fat cnuts could just go for a run?

You would obviously agree that soldiers who are only required to pass the basic tests, should receive minimal financial and time from the military after their basic training.

They should train in their own time. Most soldiers don’t work shifts and have a lot of weekends off, they should fit in just fine.

You would obviously agree that soldiers who are only required to pass the basic tests, should receive minimal financial and time from the military after their basic training.

They should train in their own time. Most soldiers don’t work shifts and have a lot of weekends off, they should fit in just fine.

Soldiers do other things that might need more than a basic pass, but in general all I asked from my soldiers was to pass their mandatory tests. If the Army wanted them to do more, then the Army needed to up the tests.

I dont know why, but I get the impression you think that soldiers are packing out the gyms at every opportunity. They ******* aint (and that includes the infantry). The main users outside off mandatory PT lessons are a small minority of blokes (mainly) on the weights and those who are normally uber fight and are in a sports team.
The rest of them (The vast majority) never set foot in the place unless ordered to.

Soldiers do other things that might need more than a basic pass, but in general all I asked from my soldiers was to pass their mandatory tests. If the Army wanted them to do more, then the Army needed to up the tests.

I dont know why, but I get the impression you think that soldiers are packing out the gyms at every opportunity. They ******* aint (and that includes the infantry). The main users outside off mandatory PT lessons are a small minority of blokes (mainly) on the weights and those who are normally uber fight and are in a sports team.
The rest of them (The vast majority) never set foot in the place unless ordered to.

Most units, when I was in, did 3 mandatory fitness sessions per week in work time, with a return to work after NAAFI break.

Swimming pools were in most garrisons as were well equipped gyms and subsidised clubs to play most sports and AT. It’s available at TP expense and still we see fat soldiers.

None of the above exists for police officers and we still see articles in newspapers humiliating individual police officers.

Maybe some funding and time should be allocated to the police.

Most units, when I was in, did 3 mandatory fitness sessions per week in work time, with a return to work after NAAFI break.

Swimming pools were in most garrisons as were well equipped gyms and subsidised clubs to play most sports and AT. It’s available at TP expense and still we see fat soldiers.

None of the above exists for police officers and we still see articles in newspapers humiliating individual police officers.

Maybe some funding and time should be allocated to the police.
Yep usually a run, indoor circuit and then COs "fun".
52 weeks in the year, deduct leave, courses, duties etc and that's about 30 runs a year. Whoopee do, unless you are naturally fit you have to do your own phys.

Apart from very few garrisons, you'll be lucky to find a swimming pool that the army use. The good old days are over.
Most soldier don't do high level sport so unless you think a cost of a football for a game of five aside is crippling the taxpayer, I really don't know what you are talking about. The vast majority of soldiers will never get to level when the taxpayer is spending mega buck on them.
Even AT is fairly **** and a good portion of that come from the users pocket and funds that the user pays into.

As I said you see fat soldiers because the Army is weak.

Latest Threads