New female infanteers - how's it going?

Fishsoxs

Old-Salt
Have you ever done Nijmegan? Its longer but at a slower pace, its certainly harder than a AFT.

The old system was 13 kms in 2 hours. The new one is 6k in 1.05 (With a 10 minute break in between the two tests.

Less distance, slower time vs additional weight at the start and a slightly faster finish.
Regarding Nijmegan iirc we were always told there was a time of 8 hours. No idea if this was official or not but this was mid 90's onwards as a cadet.

I think the route selection is another factor.. when ever I’ve seen Army ranks conducting CFTs, or any form of loaded marching, the route would be flat as a pancake (often performed around camp).

Dropped when? When were they part of MATT 2? I remember the ACFT and the RMTs, one of which was a loaded march took place over two days, but it wasn’t a requirement for MATT 2.
They were in place at least until the late 90s and yes they were part of the CFT.

Regarding Nijmegan iirc we were always told there was a time of 8 hours. No idea if this was official or not but this was mid 90's onwards as a cadet.
I think it's finished by 5 o'clock, for the 100th it was very hot so they extended it to 1730. Loads of yanks (who had flown over from the states) failed to finish on time and were disqualified.

Nijmegen was for Junior Soldiers units and TA.
Regular units wouldn’t be seen dead doing such an easy stroll.
It's so popular with regular units the Brits (and Canadians) have their own rest areas.
The failure rate is about 8%.

Actually it did, as I said earlier, the fireman lift, the wall climb and ditch jump. All quietly dropped over the years

Dropped when?

They were in place at least until the late 90s and yes they were part of the CFT.

Jeebus

I am going to break the habit I never thought I would break.

I am agreeing with Stacker.

Stacker - I agree with you. With the caveat that just like a lot of other things, it was not uniformly applied across the whole Army.

I think the route selection is another factor.. when ever I’ve seen Army ranks conducting CFTs, or any form of loaded marching, the route would be flat as a pancake (often performed around camp).
Either total bullshit, or you've only seen an exceptionally low calibre of unit.
On that subject though, I'm told the scr and RFT must be completed on flat ground

Either total bullshit, or you've only seen an exceptionally low calibre of unit.
Depends on where the unit is, I think Guterslohs route was fairly flat because the area was flat although on some occasions it was around the airfield twice and a bit.
The Brunssum route, in the Netherlands which is famous for being flat, had hills everywhere.

Where did you find this piece of information? Can you post a link to it?

I do the bleep test on the road in my garden, there is a 11 year old girl I know who can manage 7.5. The Army minimum standard is 7.1.

Hohenidoom

Old-Salt

I do the bleep test on the road in my garden, there is a 11 year old girl I know who can manage 7.5. The Army minimum standard is 7.1.

Amusingly (or perhaps worryingly) the new 8.7 requirement for the bleep test as AOSB is still regularly failed by candidates.

I loathe running and am spectacularly average fitness wise, but to fail 8.7 or below is frankly pathetic.

It don’t think it was part of MATT 2 in 2009 when I did my PTI course and looking at the legacy MATT 2 docs, RMTs were definitely not part of MATT 2 in 2016.

I agree fully they existed, and were to be done after an AFT, but they were not part of MATT 2. The new ones are.

It don’t think it was part of MATT 2 in 2009 when I did my PTI course and looking at the legacy MATT 2 docs, RMTs were definitely not part of MATT 2 in 2016.

I agree fully they existed, and were to be done after an AFT, but they were not part of MATT 2. The new ones are.

Like I said, they were part of the test then they were dropped, quite possibly (in keeping with the title of the thread) to stop women embarrassing themselves when they couldnt get over a 6 foot wall.

Amusingly (or perhaps worryingly) the new 8.7 requirement for the bleep test as AOSB is still regularly failed by candidates.

I loathe running and am spectacularly average fitness wise, but to fail 8.7 or below is frankly pathetic.

It fairness, if you have not done the bleep test before it can **** people up, not because they are unfit but because their technique is shit. A lot of people sprint right at the start instead of pacing themselves to the bleeps. A lot of start-stop-start.

They can always go to the Police - I think theirs is 6.5 to pass

Kefi

Old-Salt
Not UK Forces related admittedly, but interesting to read that the new US fitness standards have created a problem for women. The Yanks do tend to publicly broadcast their findings on such subject, the UK tend to hide the problem or ignore it until the Daily Wail get their hands on it?

I found this statement to be typical of the potential problems put forward by many of us.

The House Appropriations hearing started with pointed questions for Sergeant Major of the Army Michael Grinston from Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz, D-Fla., who called the new Army Combat Fitness Test“unfair” to women and worried it would hurt recruitment and retention.

“Figures from April show 44 percent of women failed to ACFT, compared to just 7 percent of men,” Wasserman Schultz said. “It looks like you have a problem and I hope you recognize that.”

They can always go to the Police - I think theirs is 6.5 to pass

5.4, an embarrassment.

However the police do not have the annual multi million pound investment in gyms, PTIs and work time physical fitness that the military do.

Latest Threads