New female infanteers - how's it going?

When I transferred to the RLC, I seem to recall females had had a different ( longer) time limit for the BPFA, or whatever it’s called now.
I might be wrong but I’m sure that was the case.

When I transferred to the RLC, I seem to recall females had had a different ( longer) time limit for the BPFA, or whatever it’s called now.
Up until recently females anywhere in the army had different PFT standards.
However in the new and improved, standards won't drop and we are all for equality, Army, the new tests are based on capbadge not sex.

Purely coincidently the new tests are much, much easier.

Houseman

Old-Salt
I did my last BFT in 2012 at the age of 54. I was allowed 12 and a 1/2 minutes. There was a 19 year old female doing her test at the same time who had 13 and a 1/2 minutes. One of us passed and it was wasn't the one with the lumpy jumper.

Up until recently females anywhere in the army had different PFT standards.
However in the new and improved, standards won't drop and we are all for equality, Army, the new tests are based on capbadge not sex.

Purely coincidently the new tests are much, much easier.

New ones coming in next year are fu@#ers. Most blokes ( outside inf,para,marine etc) won't get passes.

@stacker1 seriously man, there's no difference in the PFT between lads and lassies?

The PFT has been replaced its called Soldier Conditioning Review but no there isnt a difference based on sex

The last i heard the run part was 2km, (PFT was 2.4km) in 11.15 (Used to be 10.30 for males under 30)

The PFT has been replaced its called Soldier Conditioning Review but no there isnt a difference based on sex

The last i heard the run part was 2km, (PFT was 2.4km) in 11.15 (Used to be 10.30 for males under 30)

Soldier Conditioning Review, jesus. 11.15 for any line infantry division is f*cking shameful tbh

Wait, that's 2k? F*ck me. Better hope our next enemy doesn't like running and does like pies. That's f*cking poor

New ones coming in next year are fu@#ers. Most blokes ( outside inf,para,marine etc) won't get passes.

What do you think is particularly hard about them?
Note that the measurements are Km not miles

That's 1.2 miles; so about a 9 min mile pace.

For those who do parkruns, that's about a 24 min parkrun time.

My missis is 48 and she can get a sub 20 min parkrun time (she's a decent runner though).

I run sporadically and when the fancy occasionally takes me. I'm getting old, fat and lazy

I still piss on a 9 minute mile though, that really is a poor yardstick for an infantry soldiers fitness

What do you think is particularly hard about them?
Note that the measurements are Km not miles

As a 18 to 40 year old male para.....Fu#@k all. As a 57 year old LE QM or a 40 Yr old female nurse quite a bit. But hey ho.....its the future.

As a 18 to 40 year old male para.....Fu#@k all. As a 57 year old LE QM or a 40 Yr old female nurse quite a bit. But hey ho.....its the future.

A 57 year old QM and or 40 year old female nurse are not typically found in large numbers.

There will be different test for the support arms anyway, however anyone (Male/female, teeth/support arms) with a decent bit of fitness will pass them. Im in my 40 and Im an ex loggie, I dont find them a massive problem, Im pretty certain someone half my age isnt going to be that bothered.

PhotEx

On ROPS
On ROPs

That’s not a run, that’s a brisk walk.

Latest Threads