New female infanteers - how's it going?

Truxx

LE
I'm not so sure about these newfangled broad-leaved trees. What was wrong with tree ferns? Also, all the young'uns are going around in feathers these days and those chatty little monkeys have no respect at all. Look, there's a funny looking star!
I settled for a ham sandwich and a mug of tea.

I am curious as to why this debate (such as it is) about PR and recruiting is in any way relevant ? As I keep saying, it is only the Infantry who seem to be agonising over something that everyone else got over years ago.

Anyone would think that there are those in the infantry who somehow think we should never have left the 19th century.
They're not agonising over it, they've delivered, just with very little uptake.

I am curious as to why this debate (such as it is) about PR and recruiting is in any way relevant ? As I keep saying, it is only the Infantry who seem to be agonising over something that everyone else got over years ago.

Got over what? Women in the Army? **** knows what part you were in (apart from the part that put cam cream on because it put them in the martial mindset), but in the rest of it, the army bent over backwards to make exceptions for women, from PFT timings to having their own shitters on tour.

Weren't the unit head shed caring and compassionate enough to bring in additional resources to cover the shortfall?

Did anyone feel guilty at scooping up the overtime created by personal circumstances?

Where do extra cops come from when you have to take them from one team to cover another. It’s either folks on O/T or people made to work on their rest days.

Is it free labour?

Do the people 'made' to work on rest days not get compensated?

They get a RDIL back or O/T if less than 5 days notice, possibly 10 days notice.

Most cancelled Rest Days are for RDIL as they are booked in well in advance.

More O/T opportunities in my force than people willing to take it. I get about 4 to 5 texts per day asking me and others to work on RD.

From FYB, not only a demonstration of some really **** PT, but also that equality hasnt quite reached all parts yet.

1623393958150.png

Whats the point of carrying a heavy bergen above your head. Seems like a good way to inflict back injuries on the troops. Is this RLC?
I don't know where it came from I'll scroll back through the 500 comments to see if I can find it

I cannot answer the question posed by the original OP, but I thought it relevant to comment on the first woman to pass P Coy (and by all accounts it was a thoroughly deserved pass):

There was a long thread on a closed FB group about the subject. Most were along the lines of 'Well done her' some were along the lines of this will bring down standards/operational effectiveness etc.

The best argument I read was from a friend who argued that it was the best thing that one could hope for - A woman had passed P Coy fair and square, therefore no need to lower standards to accommodate the usual physical differences between men and women, nor to satisfy the ever present clamour for equality through discrimination.

I hope all those women that pass a sex-neutral selection do well in their careers.
I know her Father who is also ex-military and he won't talk about the milling, but from the other events and over the term of P Coy she did well

Cyberhacker

War Hero
Ph1 and 2 Infantry recruits were three times as likely to have a stress fracture, and once in Regiment, c10% of the entire Regiment could be expected to be downgraded with a MSKI injury. The introduction of Project THOR (which cost to design), as well as other changes, means that the entire injury load across the Infantry has reduced. The total cost of injury across the Army was estimated to be £1Bn over 15 years; the cost of THOR and other changes is in £10s Millions.
It's not just us...

Across The Pond, the US Army has initiated the Holistic Health and Fitness (H2F) program - adding ~40 personnel to each Brigade Combat Team focussing on health and fitness - plus several peeps per company across the BCT getting secondary duties as a fitness supervisor!

You very, very surely jest?

The first question I'd ask is does the Battalion running this event (with mixed standards for male and female) actually have female infanteers...

The first question I'd ask is does the Battalion running this event (with mixed standards for male and female) actually have female infanteers...

I think the point would be, that all PT in the military now should be to a gender free standard.

To do otherwise would be contradictory to the decision that all posts are open to females and that it would not properly prepare females to the same standard as males.

Why should that matter? The original question can apply to this anonymous battle PT session.

Why are different physical standards being applied in an army where, to paraphrase certain posters: the "front-line is everywhere and female medics/loggies have successfully fought on the front line on HERRICK"...

If this was in a loggie unit then those women should be operating at the same fitness levels of the men.

I think the point would be, that all PT in the military now should be to a gender free standard.

To do otherwise would be contradictory to the decision that all posts are open to females and that it would not properly prepare females to the same standard as males.

My understanding that all PT assessment is gender free, however, not all Employment Groups employ the same levels of assessment. For example, 16X assessments are higher than Line Infantry, and the Line Infantry is different to, say, the RLC.

The Orders - if from an Infantry unit with women in it - should have said Infantry "xx kg", non-Infantry "yy kg" IAW their Corps' policies.

Why should that matter? The original question can apply to this anonymous battle PT session.

Why are different physical standards being applied in an army where, to paraphrase certain posters: the "front-line is everywhere and female medics/loggies have successfully fought on the front line on HERRICK"...

If this was in a loggie unit then those women should be operating at the same fitness levels of the men.

Because the Army has decided that Loggies and Line Infantry have different standards. If you're employed within that group, you should be held to that standard.

What a Unit shouldn't be doing is randomly making sh!t up just because it can't work out which standard should be applied where.