New Explosions in Central London

Rumours are that armed police have entered University college hospital London.

streets closed off around it.

Anya1982 said:
Any one ever played Chinese Whispers?
welcome to 24 hours news...

it aint nice but the public want to know whats happening.

Anya1982 said:
Ah well people lack respect I take it. Obv. something has happened but does it mean every one has to react with posting every sentence at the drop of the hat?
True but maybe that is to keep those who want to know in the know (so to speak), or some of us work in areas where are sources aren't neccessarily media based and want to keep other members informed.

No offence - but if you don't want to read such comments just yet, don't read the thread?

LawyerSquaddie said:
The Oval - opening day at Lord's. These ladybits have NO respect.
Lawyer yes, cricket fan - no.

Lords is closer to Shep Bush than Oval.

Metropolitan Police Commissioner on Sky just now. referred to

"four explosions or attempts at explosions"

casualty numbers (those relating to explosions) "very low"

"bombs" (he used that word) seem to have been much smaller than before

still investigating to find out just what has happened

stay where you are and go about normal busness.

This is what City of London Police were saying wef 1420

21 July 2005 14:20 BST

Suspected terrorist activity

From London Underground Ltd:
3 small devices have exploded at Oval, Warren Street, and Shepherds Bush stations.
The tube system has been suspended until further notice. [Comment: from other sources this seems to be changing on a line by line basis]

There has also been an explosion on a number 26 bus on Hackney Road, Bethnal Green. Further updates to follow.
WEB SOURCE

BBC reporting that Whitehall has reopened.

Sir Ian Blair has urged people to get on with their everyday lives and not to panic.

Cordon round UCLH has been expanded, reporters from reuturs witnessed armed police running into the A+E dept, then cordon was thrown up immediately.

sniffer dogs have also been sent in.

MyssL said:
Anya1982 said:
Ah well people lack respect I take it. Obv. something has happened but does it mean every one has to react with posting every sentence at the drop of the hat?
True but maybe that is to keep those who want to know in the know (so to speak), or some of us work in areas where are sources aren't neccessarily media based and want to keep other members informed.

No offence - but if you don't want to read such comments just yet, don't read the thread?
What I meant, like said before on the original bombings the other week by many. Speculations and rumours, out of respect should not be posted. And when posting to add the source. This way people will not go mad at things that may not be true. Seeing as I do not live in UK, this is a way to keep up with news.

Anya1982 said:
MyssL said:
Anya1982 said:

What I meant, like said before on the original bombings the other week by many. Speculations and rumours, out of respect should not be posted. And when posting to add the source. This way people will not go mad at things that may not be true. Seeing as I do not live in UK, this is a way to keep up with news.
Nature of the beast is that with direct media feeds, means that there is a lot of reports vs Conjecture. Surely up to the reader to decide what to accept.

Incidently, according to BBC UCH is still cordoned off and has been entered by armed police.

Just on the BBC news ticker:

"Armed police seen going into University College London"

also

Met police chief says Tube and bus blasts "very serious" and tells Londoners to "stay where you are".

Before I leave this means, this is the latest from City police, same source as before:

21 July 2005 14:45 BST

Suspected terrorist activity

We can confirm that emergency services personnel have responded to reports of incidents at 4 sites across the capital. They are Oval, Shepherds Bush, Warren Street and Hackney Road, E2.

As a precaution officers have been deployed at Warren Street London Underground station in full protective equipment in order to carry out an examination of the scene. We have carried out initial examination at Oval and early indications show no trace of chemical agents.

At this stage we have no reported casualties. We ask people to remain at work or home at this stage and await further information.

The following tube lines are suspended: Victoria, Northern,
Hammersmith and City, Bakerloo.

Anya1982 said:
MyssL said:
Anya1982 said:

Yep exactly, for those in UK too. Like said - no offence intended.

Bloody Bob Crow's just been on BBC World doing his best to avoid talking about this matter but using the airtime to bang on about his union...

DozyBint said:
Bloody Bob Crow's just been on BBC World doing his best to avoid talking about this matter but using the airtime to bang on about his union...
just heard him. he had to get his dig in about underfunding and undermanning! :roll:

Police cordon at warren street extended to 400 metres from the station. Reporters moved back. (BBC News 24)