New Explosions in Central London

Everyone just keep the head. From this point in , news with sources quoted only.

And do try and remember, in these days of 24 hour Tabloid television , the sky is ALWAYS falling.

Let's just wait and see what has actually happened?

PTP

eAlert Message from The City of London Police

Message Start
_____

There are confirmed reports of explosions having occurred at Oval and
Warren Street underground stations.
There are unconfirmed reports of furthe explosions at Shepherds Bush
underground station and also in Hackney.
The current situation is unclear, and we are trying to establish the facts.
Updates will follow.

Message End

No offence to anyone, sitting here in a total different country. I have family all over central, west and north London. I think this is hyping it all up. Where as I respect being informed, it seems like people are jumping the gun at every word said in the news.

Sorry to speculate, but it's a natural reaction in these circs. Perhaps the security service infiltrated a group, substituted their HE with a harmless substance and left them with detonators etc. Seems like the only reasonable explanation for multiple dud explosions, which is what's being reported. Plus, the police seem to have declared it not serious remarkably quickly.

LawyerSquaddie said:
The Oval - opening day at Lord's. These ladybits have NO respect.
The Oval is south London and Lord's is north - am I missing something here?

Initial reaction to the incidents are that they were fireworks or similar. One eyewitness has reported one of the guys who initiated one on the tube was in the same carriage and then did a runner.

Anya1982 said:
No offence to anyone, sitting here in a total different country. I have family all over central, west and north London. I think this is hyping it all up. Where as I respect being informed, it seems like people are jumping the gun at every word said in the news.
Maybe. In fact, most probably, but it's also understandable.

An aquaintance's daughter got killed on 07/07. Puts 'hype' into in-focus perspective. What do you expect? People will panic. It's too close for some.

However, BBC is usually the slowest but most reliable source of info, I find. Sky's too much 'hype'. :?

bbc news
A spokesman for Stagecoach said the driver of the number 26 bus travelling through Shoreditch had heard a bang on upper deck, gone upstairs and seen the windows were blown out. The bus driver was very shaken but said to be fine.

At Shepherd's Bush station, police told reporters that a man had threatened to blow himself up and then ran off.

Ah well people lack respect I take it. Obv. something has happened but does it mean every one has to react with posting every sentence at the drop of the hat?

Booty said:
Sorry to speculate, but it's a natural reaction in these circs. Perhaps the security service infiltrated a group, substituted their HE with a harmless substance and left them with detonators etc. Seems like the only reasonable explanation for multiple dud explosions, which is what's being reported. Plus, the police seem to have declared it not serious remarkably quickly.
They proberbly got the design from the internet and messed it up.

Dummy Explosions?

Actually, I had mental images of exploding dummies. The pacifier kind. 8O Quite disturbing. :lol:

Fraulein said:
Dummy Explosions?

Actually, I had mental images of exploding dummies. The pacifier kind. 8O Quite disturbing. :lol:
or shop window dummies?? mmmmmmmmmmmmm the sales are on - I have the urge to go to Bond Street..............

G

Goku

Fraulein said:
Dummy Explosions?

I thought of Poppy when I read that.
Don’t know why :lol:

Goku said:
Fraulein said:
Dummy Explosions?

I thought of Poppy when I read that.
Don’t know why :lol:
VERY disturbing - I never actually had a dummy as a baby - my mum didn't approve of them

Poppy said:
or shop window dummies?? mmmmmmmmmmmmm the sales are on - I have the urge to go to Bond Street..............
Wasn't there a film with exploding shop window dummies? Something B-movie and crapulous, can't quite remember...

Poppy, don't detonate your avatar! :wink:

(yikes, thread-hijack. Soz. :oops: )