New England Rugby Squad

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by Praetorian, Nov 15, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Could this latest squad be the one?

At least they've swapped Corry and Sanderson around. But dropping Sackey? Not a good idea IMHO, Lewsey should be at 15 as well.

15 Iain Balshaw (Gloucester Rugby)
    14 Mark Cueto (Sale Sharks)
    13 Mathew Tait (Newcastle Falcons)
    12 Jamie Noon (Newcastle Falcons)
    11 Josh Lewsey (London Wasps)
    10 Charlie Hodgson (Sale Sharks)
    9 Pete Richards (Gloucester Rugby)
    1 Andrew Sheridan (Sale Sharks)
    2 George Chuter (Leicester Tigers)
    3 Julian White (Leicester Tigers)
    4 Tom Palmer (London Wasps)
    5 Ben Kay (Leicester Tigers)
    6 Joe Worsley (London Wasps)
    7 Pat Sanderson (Worcester Warriors)
    8 Martin Corry (capt, Leicester Tigers)

16 Lee Mears (Bath Rugby)
    17 Phil Vickery (London Wasps)
    18 Chris Jones (Sale Sharks)
    19 Lewis Moody (Leicester Tigers)
    20 Shaun Perry (Bristol Rugby)
    21 Andy Goode (Leicester Tigers)
    22 Toby Flood (Newcastle Falcons)

And Magnus Lund has been dropped, its also great to see Phil Vickery back in the side!
  2. Good to see Tait back. He has been awesome in 7's and has been playing very well for Newcastle. He has bulked up and will pair up well with his teammate in the centres.
    What I want to know is why Van Gisbergan seems to be the Ginger Haired Step Child? He is a better bet at Full Back than Balshaw, who has had his day, and his kicking is arguably better than Charlie "Ray Finkle" Hodgson.

I find myself half hoping we lose, just to expedite the departure of Robinson.
  3. I'd hoped that Marcus Trescothik would get a place, he might have raised the level of commitment.
  4. Was Trescothick on the same flight as Sean Long.

Everyone is running away with the look of it. Better dig out the Corps Cricket sweater..
  5. Worsley at 6 :? 8O

He can't even get first team time at his club including on the bench. And yes it should be Josh at 15 with Gissie as his back-up.
  6. We have the players but not the quality of coaching staff - get rid of Robinson before we manage 8 on the trot !
  7. Heard that. Makes us stronger. Takes an injury for the team to improve. What does that say about the selection policy?
  8. That Robinson is a cnut who should be kicked out now before you lose all respect in world rugby. But not before I put £5 on South Africa to beat you at the weekend :D

It's because of him that the defending world champions are ranked 9th in the world.....