New Divisional HQ

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by royalmile, Dec 1, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I've heard a rumour that the Army is creating a new Div HQ for ops. The rumour I heard is that it will be based at Netheravon. Anyone else heard this or other locations?
  2. Not sure about that, but Janes reports that 1 Div will be returning by the end of the decade, with the Bdes being split around the country and Div HQ going to the 'Salisbury Plain' area. In addition HQ ARRC are reported to be returning, taking up residence in either Wilton or Upavon once HQs LAND & AG have moved out.
    It's all change on the Army Express....
  3. I've heard nothing about 1 (UK) Armd Div returning, but lots on the ARRC moving at some stage over the next 2-6 years. The rumour on the new Div HQ is based on the fact that there are only 2 deployable Div HQs at the moment (plus another one if you count the Marine 2 star HQ). With the current level of ops it means that HQs 1 and 3 Div are pretty well 6 months on 6 months off. Therefore the idea is to create a new Div HQ to rotate with the others on ops, thus giving a little more breathing space for all. Like I said the rumour I heard is that they are looking at Netheravon for a "home".
  4. That'll be 6th Division

5. I've heard that too, I have also now seen the trawl for its first op. But where will it come back to?