New DGAMS a Dentist - Can't be True!

Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by SpeckledJim, Apr 11, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Well as no one else has mentioned it, I guess someone should. So what does it mean for the AMS with the appointment of a dentist to be the next DGAMS - besides an endless run of "open wide" and "spit or swallow?" dental type jokes in future DGAMS speeches at functions! Discuss.

2. Can't do anyworse than Lillywhite... even his jokes will seem less painful in comparison

3. A good bloke actually...............will certainly shake things up a little :eek:)

4. IMHO What it means is that we are getting the right man for the job based upon ability.

5. Who is it?

Some of us old codgers are out of the loop when it comes to gossip.

JB

6. Ooooh, the 'party line', ******* marvellous. Any other obvious pearls of wisdom? And before you go off on one, I know the geezer, and he is, a top geezer. I see that the AMS has followed tradition and appointed another bird as his MA, don't you have blokes in the AMS? Or is the best person for the blah, blah, blah, snore, zzzzz.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Not going off on one and not the party line, I also know him very well having served with him on deployment and in barracks, you are right he is a top man.

8. PM'd you

9. Are they going to change the title to DGUMS?

Boom....Tish

10. and it might mean that the crusties in the Priory need to look properly for SJA's next Chief Medical officer instead of just appointing the likes of Menzies and Lillywhite despite their records when in the forces ...

11. There's a debate amongst the grown-ups on whether a dentist can ultimately be SG? Still gives them something to talk about, other than who is going to get the Director DPHCS post and whether it will be at 2*, or a 1*?

12. Forastero

Forastero LE Moderator

Has to get past PUS first and she's not playing ball.

13. Thank you. :roll:

14. So, some guy who pulls teeth is going to be in charge of the dentists. Will this sort of 'blue sky thinking' catch on elsewhere?

15. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

Just so.