New desert Kit and Clothing

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by OldSnowy, Aug 19, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

Check out the papers and DII for the latest issue Desert gear. Shemaghs, Camelbaks, two-piece sleeping bags, assault vests. Hang on, most blokes have already bought these.....

I like the new combat underwear - anti-bacterial, anti- fungal, but doesn't appear to have any flies. Most odd, but at least it should prevent anyone getting the clap :)

Torygraph piece is here:
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml;jsessionid=FVCH5U2GSLSNDQFIQMGCM5OAVCBQUJVC?xml=/news/2005/08/19/npants19.xml&sSheet=/portal/2005/08/19/ixportal.html

BTW, the Colonel holding up the pants obviously knows that ironing CS95 is bad for them. His has never seen an iron - scruffy cnut :)

2. [​IMG]

The new COP vest

3. [​IMG]

The hydration system with in-line filter

4. [​IMG]

and the goggles.

5. [​IMG]

Pity they couldn't find a helmet to fit for the photo shoot.:lol:

6. I particularly like the "partly bullet-proof" sun-glasses. It will be a great consolation, after being blinded, that your shades almost saved you. Never mind eh! :roll:

7. There are 2 different types of goggle, 1 offering 'low' protection the other offering 'medium' protection (whatever that means). As always with these things, you cannot fully protect the man; protecting one part of the body will only transfer injuries to other parts of the body. How long before ear or nose injuries are a concern?

Despite some criticism, the new protective clothing (CBA et al) has saved lives.

8. Oh ignore me CS, I know you're right, I'm just having a moody morning :oops:

9. That's OK SMF, you're forgiven. Keep taking the Evening Primrose Oil.

10. :lol: Yes, well thanks for that. I'm off to crash Beebs's coffee morning, if theres no chocolate Hob-Nobs left, there will be trouble! :wink:

11. New helmet, body armour, NBC suit and field jacket too it said...?

12. we had a breif on all the super kit they were develpoing / buying mentioned the sleeping bag said they didnt have money for it
    maybe scrapping some regiments means the rest of us get cosy nights :twisted:

13. What I want to know is .......

When did Edgar Davids join the British Army?

Is that why he wasn't playing last week? Possibly due to recent call up?

P.S. Footie fans only need read!

14. Are there any 'ladies' pants? Thongs maybe? I don't like wearing boxers.

15. They defornatley arn't cattering for the female soldiers!